Stayed at stonefield castle twice during the mon of July, one night each stay was not enough. Absolutely stunning location with views that take some to be beaten. Dined at the hotel both times and the food was fantastic, steak highly recommended along with the gnocchi for a fussy veggie!! Staff were great, from reception to the general manager Ann along with her assistant Stephen there service from arrival to departure was faultless.
An added bonus at this hotel is the lovely chocolate Labrador fudge.........what a welcome there!!
I would highly recommend a visit to this hotel, we used as a stop over before travelling on by ferry and again a stopover on the way back home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland