We travelled here in October2013. We left home at 13 degrees and 3 hours later arrived to a warm18 degrees - the weather was beautiful. This hotel is set in the most stunning grounds with the most beautiful flowers and trees. Wildlife is spectacular. The hotel was good, staff were lovely and the food was great. The bedrooms could do with a good clean and our room 27 had a really deep bath making the shower really difficult to get in and out. The room was also really stuffy. However we had a great time and would go back just to be in such a special part of the country. We had a good deal from 5pm. Stonefield Castle's bar prices are reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland