My wife and my self have just returned from a stay in stonefield castle, it was to be a surprise for my wife as she loves castles, plus our anniversary. On arrival we were met by very friendly staff,who gave us the tour of the hotel. Shown to room 34.. Very large 4 poster bed. and reasonable on sweat facilities..We then had a walk around the grounds which was fine. The evening meal was excellent ,as was the breakfast. The staff were very good and nothing to much trouble..The down side of our stay. 1 The bed was very uncomfotable.
........................................2 The T.V .had only one channel.............
3 LOOKING FORWARD TO A BATH AS WE ONLY HAVE A SHOWER AT HOME......TURNED HOT TAP ON....NO WATER SUPPLY... disapointment wasent the word i used..When you pay £150 a night for B&B.. YOU AT LEAST EXPECT THE BASICS.. TO SAY WE WONT BE BACK AGAIN.... WOLD YOU ??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland