We got a great deal for DBB, bottle of wine and late checkout and we then upgraded to a huge suite (28) with sleigh bed, for 2 nights last weekend. I cant speak of the other rooms but this one was really large with a seating area in the bay window area, table and chairs in the centre, separate alcove for the bed and a huge bathroom.The shower power nearly knocked me over it was brilliant, Lots of furniture in the room although some a teeny bit tired as some have said ie a handle missing here or there it just added to the character for us.
The receptionist was lovely and welcoming,and showed us around. Dinner in the restaurant and lunch in the bar was excellent especially the venison. Breakfast was good,a help yourself continental then a choice of a hot dish brought to you. Full scottish was ok but a bit bare looking in comparison to some i have seen so 2 sausages would have been better ha ha( i bet if you asked you'd get one though as staff are lovely). Yes the restaurant is an extension added on but wait til you see the panoramic views.
The views in general were spectacular and our suite had an amazing view from every single window. Drinks were not too bad at all price wise and cocktails were lovely-barman great. The resident dog fudge is friendly and often found wandering around the bar. We had some lovely long walks around the estate and as non drivers found it really accessible by coach from Glasgow 3hrs ish (stops just outside the long driveway and what a scenic journey!)
We would return and thanks everyone for a lovely weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland