We had a lovely week-end at this charming hotel set in glorious scenery.
The food was excellent, the staff very friendly and the experience was just one of total relaxation.
There are plenty of walks to undertake in the grounds.
The view from the dining room is fantastic.
The only thing missing is a spa and it would be perfect.
Can definitely recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK and Priceline so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland