My husband treated me to a lovely surprise weekend away here 31st May. First impressions when we arrived, the place has the wow factor, Amazing location and superb views. Pleasant greeting at reception and shown to our room (30) lovely room, good size with lovely old four poster bed. The room had lock views and had everything you need from a hotel room. The bathroom however was a little tired with paper falling off walls and the shower seemed like it would come away in your hands when you turn it on.
We stayed for 2 nights and had dinner in the hotel on the first night. The food I must say was exceptional, close to Michelin star however the service did not quite match the quality of food. It was a bit slow but also lacked the finesse you should receive with such food. Some staff training is required in the hotel to sharpen this area of the hotel up a bit. The poorest part of service and an example of this was the lady on reception Saturday night. We left in the evening to go for dinner in Tarbert, the woman on reception didn't even look up from her desk to even acknowledge us let alone wish us a pleasant evening. When we returned she was still sat there, the hotel reception not busy with no one else around and no acknowledgement again 'welcome back and hope you had a pleasant evening' no, nothing. For such a Stunning place the service and staff need to sharpen up and treat their guests with a bit more Scottish hospitality that we have encounter on so many weekend away stays. Overall a lovely stay but not 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland