As you can see from the many photos, this place is a wonder to behold. The exterior is photogenic and the interior is grand, with tall ceilings, massive oil paintings and amazing antique furniture. The actual hotel rooms are nice enough, but not quite on a par with the rest of the building. The restaurant is very good, with wonderful views. There are also a number of walking paths in the area, which we greatly enjoyed. The staff were friendly enough, though with a formal bearing, bringing to mind a 5-star Manhattan hotel with a lovely Scottish accent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland