All reviews new owners pulled pork prawns well stocked bar macaroni cheese smoked haddock work commitments en route to islay comfortable room dog friendly hotel ferry terminal warm welcome great meal feel very welcome wine list both nights this lovely hotel
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Could not fault it... friendly staff... awesome new owners, fantastic food and comfortable room...
So many options to choose from on the new menu...

Cool new pool table a huge selection of whisky and local Scottish gins

Staff were all super helpful and friendly.. especially Bethany and Emma.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Alison M, Owner at West Loch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the time to use our new pool table while having a drink at the bar even though you were here for work.

I will pass on your kind words to all of the staff.

Good luck on your travels and we hope to see you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Great views over the loch
Super friendly helpful staff
Superb Cullen Skink soup
Stayed 4 nights and never had a bad choice of evening meal
Well stocked whisky and gin bar.
Breakfast menu varied and service was quick and friendly

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Alison M, Owner at West Loch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Tigercat845
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for the 4 nights and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly, I will pass on your kind words to them and I'm sure they will appreciate it.
We are very glad that you enjoyed our fine selection of Local Whisky and Gins and that you were able to enjoy these while taking in the stunning scenery that envelopes the West Loch Hotel.

We look forward to you coming and staying with us again soon

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

The spectacular food, staff and general vibe is what have brought me back here time and time again. Last night I ordered a burger with chips(the best chips I have EVER had) and onion rings, when the food came I proceeded to eat my chip and onion rings which where both more than amazing and then when I bit into my burger it brought the meal to a whole other level, to the point where I almost cried, and ever since I have been calling it a “transformicle experience” and it truly was.
This place is truly amazing( again it’s an over used word) and I strongly suggest that you come here!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Alison M, Owner at West Loch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

dear Orla,
We are glad you enjoyed your meal especially your chips!
I will pass on your kind words to our chef and all of the other members of staff.
Looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

a team! The staff in the West Loch are truly amazing,as is the service they provide. Massive thank you to then all especially Emma, Matthew and Cheffie! Nothing is too much trouble for them, including making bespoke custard (not on menu) to accompany the gorgeous sticky toffee pudding.
This is our second visit. We came in July and ate here every night. We were so impressed we just had to return! We are delighted too be here again. Do yourself a big favour and go eat (and stay) there. As our daughter says.. the food is transformative!

Dear Grace,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.

We are glad you enjoyed your meal on both occasions.
I will pass on your kind words to Matthew, Emma and the rest of the team.

Looking forward to your next visit,
Warmest regards

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight with family and dogs after cycle touring. Very welcoming and the staff were super helpful.
Great seafood dinner with a good wine list and a good breakfast.
It's not dead posh but definitely clean and tidy.
Great location looking out over the loch and a short walk to Tarbert.

Dear Jack,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.
I am happy that you enjoyed your overnight stay and had a chance to dine with us while taking in our beautiful views.
I will pass on your kind words to our staff,

Warmest regards