Anchor Hotel
Struan House(Tarbert)
Dunivaig B&B(Tarbert)
Pitchup.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbed restaurantscallopsseafoodwet roompetit fourshigh standarditison dealexcellent restauranton arrivalfirst classsea viewboth nightsfixtures and fittingscullen skinkbottle of winetwo night staysmall hotel
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Spent the weekend in Tarbert to attend a wedding which also took place in the hotel. Although much work has gone into providing a modern ambience, the set up and approach of the staff is such that you feel at home the entire time. The food was excellent (dinner, lunch and breakfast), the service second to none and the staff happy, flexible and wholly professional. It is clear to me that the owners and managers know what they are doing and succeed in providing an experience which other hotels (in Tarbert or elsewhere) would struggle to match. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank david g
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here on the recommendation of a local and we were not disappointed. Well decorated and clean rooms were very comfortable and had a great nights sleep. Restaurant was fab with fresh sea food straight from the harbour however the service was very relaxed. Breakfast was good although a little slow and since I was not in a rush was Ok. Would certainly stay here again and would highly recommend

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My partner and I stayed here last night and the room was very comfortable. We had booked a meal in the restaurant and the seafood was excellent and well presented. However, our dining esxperience was spoilt when all the staff started clearing up around us, setting tables for the next day and cleaning the tables with disinfectant at 10pm. We did not feel welcome to linger and went to the pub next door for a nightcap rather than ask for one in the restaurant.

The next morning we went down for a well cooked breakfast but this was spoilt by a cleaner hoovering just outside the dining room. Surely this could have been done after breakfast had been served to all guests. A bit more thought for the costemer is required in this establishment.

Room Tip: Dont choose the sea view from the top floor as limited view from here
1  Thank Gordon M
AnchorHotel, General Manager at Anchor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Good morning sir,
May I start by apologizing profusely for the short fall in our usual High standards of service here at the hotel,I can only once again apologize for myself and my team for cleaning the dirty tables in our restaurant on Saturday evening and also for my Front of House Cleaner hoovering and cleaning our Reception area on Sunday morning ,Usually we have all public areas cleaned before 8am on a Sunday morning but on this occasion however we ran a little behind,may I point out there was no hovering in our restaurants during service,
I thank you however for your constructive criticisms on this occasion,as with all guest feed back we do take it most seriously and use it positively to help us improve develop and also enhance the guest experience we offer future guests.
Kind regards
Peter McClurg

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Returned for a meal this weekend and again had a lovely time. The food is outstanding, the presentation immaculate and the staff are friendly and helpful. This is a gem of a place and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
AnchorHotel, General Manager at Anchor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Many thanks for your fantastic feedback ,Hopefully we will see you again in the very near future
Kind regards
Peter McClurg

Reviewed 15 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Anchor, while heading over to Islay for a holiday.
What a lovely, well appointed hotel - not too small/not to big.
Recently refurbished to a very high standard and tastefully decorated throughout.
Excellent restaurant with attention to detail and high quality evident in every dish.
Staff really friendly and willing to assist whenever required.
Our room had a lovely view over the harbour, was very comfortable and nicely decorated.
We even stopped off for lunch when heading home after our break.