“Steak pie was brilliant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Tarbert Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tarbert
The Tarbert Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tarbert
Glasgow
“Steak pie was brilliant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I was travelling for work and just wanted a bite to eat and a sit down in peace and quiet. I got both. I sat in the bar with a drink until my meal war ready and then swapped over to the dining room. My soup and steak pie were both really really nice. I would have them both again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Lovely family run hotel,rooms are spacious and clean,tasty and reasonably priced food,the bar at the back is great fun,thanks to the efforts of ricky and david,will be back guys,keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

After travelling since 5am from Devon to Islay then finding the ferries were cancelled due to bad weather, I found this lovely little place...I walked in wet,cold and a bit upset but the staff here welcomed me and got me a room for the night with no problems.
I enjoyed a lovely steak pie in their dining room and the staff were friendly and attentive, making sure my food was ok and if I was alright for drinks.
The room was nice, very clean and tidy with everything i needed for the night including a bath...much appreciated after the day i'd had!
The breakfast was lovely and once again the staff helpful and cheerful...
All in all a great place to stay...thank you to everyone at the hotel for helping me out and providing me with a warm and friendly place to stop.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank samseahorse
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

We were a group of 12 friends and family from England visiting for my wife's 40th birthday celebration weekend. from the very first e-mail contact, the hotel we very accommodating. We were welcomed on arrival after an 8 and a half minibus journey and shown to our rooms. These were all clean am entirely unique. Much more preferable to the bland identical rooms in hotel chains. The single rooms are small but have a charm of their own. A big thanks to Gareth who arranged to open the back bar early for us to have lunch and watch the rugby. The other barstaff were equally friendly and helpful, offering local tips. They also honoured the apparent hotel tradition of a free drink and a shot for the birthday girl! I found our room clean and comfortable and would recommend for anyone visiting the area to stay here. If I fall out with the mother in law, I might be back sooner rather than later!

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Just stayed one night, But could not fault hotel. Rooms basic but clean. Food off good quality and plenty on the plate.. would stay there again... Would be a good place to stop if you are working in tarbert or areas close by.....

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tarbert
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Had a bar meal with friends in a spacious spotless dining room. from entering the hotel the staff were so pleasant. Lynne and gareth have certainly got the personality and manners for working with the public. Plenty to choose from on the very reasonably priced menu. the food was absolutely delicious and huge portions. My friend had eaten here before and asked for half portion.It was still huge.Our waiter and barman david could not do enough for us. Another member of staff who is a credit to the tarbert hotel. I dont usually give full marks but well done Mr and Mrs Craig 100 percent. Your staff are a credit to you. I will certainly be recomending this hotel to anyone who is passing through Tarbert .Thank you for a most enjoyable time./

Room Tip: didnt stay but will if passing through again. Everything excellent.