“Good service”

Spooner's Grill, Cafe & Bar
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Spooner's is run by the world-famous Ffestiniog Railway and caters for passengers and visitors to both the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways. Offering breakfast, lunch, snacks and full evening meals, Spooner's also features an award-winning bar and an extensive new beer garden where you can enjoy a drink or a meal and watch the trains go by.
“Good service”
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

You can't grumble at the prices, some of the dishes are a little plain but portions are generous and staff are friendly. Worth a lumchtime visit!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Louise L

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Night Out”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Best steak ever. Had to go back for a second time. Best meal we had in Portmadog. Does get very busy, good real ales as well

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Trevor D
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So disappointed”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We recently purchased an apartment in Porthmadog and have spent the winter renovating it. Ate at Spooners very often and found it to be ok especially after a hard days work when you don`t feel like getting dressed up to go for dinner. Spooners is casual and I have always thought the food good value. HOWEVER... my son stayed at our apartment recently and had steaks on two occasions in Spooners. He reported that they were superb so when I went on Saturday evening I decided a steak was for me. I had to settle on a rump at £16 (normally I prefer silrloin but it was `off`) however it looked awful when it arrived (I was reminded of the fuss made by TV chefs about clean plates) there were brown thumb prints around the edge of the plate and a large brown puddle with my steak and mushroom swimming in it. It turned out that the brown juice was Balsamic vinegar and it just destroyed the steak. When I commented to the waitress she went to speak to the "chef" and came back with an offer of a clean plate - they seemed to think this would remove the vinegar from my saturated steak!! NOT impressed I am convinced the top fell off the Balsamic..........If they must serve this Balsamic it should be separate in a jug so that the customer can choose to ruin their steak or not. It will be a long time before I eat there again - if ever!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bbcatlady m
Manchester, United Kingdom
“lunch”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

although quite busy we were served promptly and politely, the waitresses looking friend;y and approachable, my dad asked for bread and butter as an extra which they did not have but offered him a buttered bap instead :-)

Visited April 2013
Shrivenham
“Pub with a difference”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Try the local Purple Moose at this most interesting of pubs
Situated on the steam railway station it was very welcoming and obviously a favourite for the locals
We didn't eat but the food being served looked very good

• Visited April 2013