“Nice location in the harbour - and decent food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Price range: US$21 - US$31
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and try our delicious authentic Thai food cooked and lovingly prepared by a Thai chef 'Sujit' Enjoy Al fresco dining in style with a stunning view of ranges Snowdonia Mountains and Porthmadog harbour.
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Nice location in the harbour - and decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

Booked for an early bird special at 15 pounds per person for three courses (available before 6). A modest selection but all four of us chose something different and enjoyed it all. Menus are on the web site. The ''medium spicy'' meals have just the right amount of heat - there is a choice of chicken, pork or beef.
We found it very quiet (only one other early bird table occupied) but the place started to fill up as we were leaving.
Well worth a visit - there are only a few places open in the evening in Porthmadog.

• Visited October 2011
thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Many thanks for your kind comments. Your appreciation, and enjoyment of your evening, at our restaurant is a great compliment to us all. We sincerley hope to you see again.

sawitree&sujit

Ruthin, United Kingdom
“Thai Dda iawn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

We were politely greeted by a member of staff and shown to our seats which had a view of the harbour. A simple, neat and comfy setting. Couple of beers, a red wine and a Mango juice on the table and it was time to browse the early bird menu.

Fashionable late dining aside (hard times = early bird).

The menu had a decent selection of dishes to choose from. £15 for 3 courses sounded promising.

I ordered sesame pork toast which proved to be very tasty, accompanied by a sweet chilli and a sweet and sour dip with some fruity salad garnish. This was followed up by a red Thai chicken curry with jasmine rice, and then some chocolate ice cream to wrap it up.

The meal was very tasty throughout. No issues whatsoever. Good portion sizes neatly presented. Red curry had a decent amount of heat but not atomic. The Ice cream was of fine quality with a pleasant fruity sauce to join it.

At £15 my meal was superb value, the total bill was just seventy of so pounds for drinks and 4x3 courses it would be hard to beat.

If asked to go back, I would do so without hesitation. My guests all left with a contented smile upon their faces.

A couple of hours well spent!

• Visited October 2011
thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Thank you for your kind comments, we hope you had an enjoyable evening and sincerely hope to see you again.

sawitree&sujit
York, England
“A very good Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We enjoyed the food at Thai Harbour, which overall we thought offered good value for money. We enjoyed the large portions of Pad Thai, but were too full to contemplate dessert. The restaurant enjoys a good location in Porthmadog Yacht Club on the harbour (as the name suggests). My only criticism is the high price charged for a small bottle of Thai beer.

• Visited August 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice little restaurant hidden in the harbour!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

We were very surprised that we enjoyed ourselves! We read a lot of trip advisor reviews and we thought that we would either be eating something bizarre or we would be going away hungry! I am pleased to say that it was neither bizarre nor did we go away hungry!
I don’t know how authentic the food was but I know it was very very nice! The staff where very helpful and obliging (not sure about the outfits?) One thing I would say is the little salads you got with the meal were a bit strange (strawberry, grape, cucumber, tomato, kiwi fruit and lettuce), maybe a little cold noodle salad would be more appropriate?? Saying that I wouldn’t let it stop me going back!!
We had two early bird specials which I thought where very good value for money! My wife had a pad Thai noodle with king prawns which she enjoyed immensely and the little taste I had so did I! The deserts which I can’t remember their names where absolutely delicious!
I would go again and I would recommend to a friend!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“The location was lovley people were very inviting and made u feel welcomed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I have never been to a thai restaurant before and I thought I would not find much to eat because I'm fussy person but I did not struggle the food was so good and looked very traditional and tasted really good and good size porshions of food. The watresses were good to not long food wait I will be coming here again next time im in the area

thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
thank you for your comment, we hope to see you again soon.

Sujit&Sawitree