“A very pleasant surprise”
Review of Thai Harbwr

Thai Harbwr
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Price range: US$22 - US$32
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and try our delicious authentic Thai food cooked and lovingly prepared by a Thai chef 'Sujit' Enjoy Al fresco dining in style with a stunning view of ranges Snowdonia Mountains and Porthmadog harbour.
Porthmadog, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Having come to love Thai food through restaurants in London and visits to Thailand I was at first a little wary of a Thai restaurant in Porthmadog where ethnic food tends not to be amazing. However I decided to try out Thai Harbour with some visitors and was delighted both by the setting and the restaurant itself. The food was delicious, the service good and the staff helpful. I have since been back with three more lots of visitors and everyone enjoyed the experience. On one occasion we took my 20 month old granddaughter and the children's menu was much enjoyed by her too.

• Visited August 2013
thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comment and your custom:) please do visit again:)
kind regards

Blaenau Ffestiniog, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"A hidden treasure on my doorstep"”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I live locally (Blaenau Ffestiniog) however it was my 'stepdaughter' who now lives in Leeds who told me about it! She came home for a quick visit last week and we decided to try Thai Harbwr. As I had not heard of it I must admit I was curious but did not expect too much-I was VERY pleasantly surprised!
Overlooking Porthmadog harbour the location is pretty special. Our waitress was friendly efficient and attentive without being intrusive, the atmosphere was relaxed and pleasant. We took ages to decide what to have as the menu is varied and mouth watering!
Having eventually made our minds up we greedily decided to share three starters which were beautifully presented and very tasty.
I honestly cannot remember what we finally chose for our mains-too much prevaricating-but mine included king prawns, baby sweetcorn and mangetout it was bursting with delicate flavours, I had soft noodles as a side, they were tasty with great texture.
All the portions were generous and we were totally sated at the end of a most enjoyable evening!
I/we will certainly return as often as possible-such a great menu, so little time!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alan E
thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind respond we hope to see you both again:)
kind regards
Reading, United Kingdom
“A great find”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

As part of a recent family we decided to have a meal out in Porthmadog. We looked on TripAdvisor and saw this place and decided to try on a whim. There were 4 adults and 3 children under 4. The biggest problem was trying to find the front door (it's the yacht club door if anyone else has the same problem). We were greeted brilliantly by a very pleasant waitress and seated and the children each given colouring books and pencils which was brilliant.
We then ordered from the early bird menu and asked if the children could share the adult menu rather than the child's menu. Not only was this not a problem but the waitress pointed out which were the non-spicy dishes and brought each child their own plate. Brilliant!
Not only is the service great so is the food! In particular the fish cakes, beef massaman and pork Penang curries stand out. Dessert is limited to ice cream but the starter and mains were so good I didn't mind and neither did the children! This restaurant is now on my list of those I will return to. Thanks.

Visited April 2014
thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comment:) we look forward to seeing you again :)
Kind regards
Sujit&Sawitree
Blaenau Ffestiniog, United Kingdom
“special treat”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

my two lovely daughters took me out to the Thai Harbwr as a mothers day treat on saturday night We had a great meal good wine and great atmosphere ! thank you we will definately be back

• Visited March 2014
thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comment please do come again :) kind regards
Sawitree&Sujit
Chester, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I can simply say this is the best Thai food I have ever had. We had a platter of starters which was presented beautifully and extremely tasty. For main I had Pad Thai which was full of flavour and was an explosion on your taste buds, my partner had Welsh beef mas saman which I had to have a little taste of, the beef was extremely tender and the sauce was delicious.
We got talking to Sujit and said we were having a little overnight break in the area due to my birthday, at the end of dinner Sujit and the two chefs came out and sang happy birthday and presented sponge and ice cream, this was lovely. I found the service amazing and very genuine. We will definitely return and recommend to all our friends and family who frequently visit the area.
Thank you so much for a lovely evening.
Best wishes.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ash W
thaiharbwr1, Owner at Thai Harbwr, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you very much for such a lovely and kind comment:D we love to sing happy birthday and we love to surprise our customers! :) we both look forward to seeing you both again very soon :) kind regards
Sujit & Sawitree x