“B &B Castell”

Porthmadog B & B Castell
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Porthmadog
Porthmadog B & B Castell
Ranked #10 of 12 Porthmadog B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“B &B Castell”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I asked in advance if we could drop bags off, and this was agreed. However, when we arrived there was a note on the door, asking us to ring the mobile number, and then we were given the keysafe details over the phone, to let ourselves in. I did not find this very welcoming, but luckily I did have my mobile phone with me !. At the same time I was asked what time I wanted breakfast the next morning, not a good time to ask, while you are struggling with a key safe and getting luggage over the door step. We were in the top flat. 3 flights of steep steps up, which was a struggle getting the luggage up on our own. The view over the harbour was good. the shared bathroom, was not on the same floor as our room, and had no towels in to dry your hands. I texted my preferred time for breakfast as there was nowhere obvious to leave a note. Next day at breakfast was the first time I saw our host, who apologised for not greeting us as she was out shopping! Breakfast was nice, but then we had paid an extra £5 each for that. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Not the twin one at the top, as shared bathroom is down steep steps to floor below
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank rohoho300

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Thank you Bridget and Beth a wonderfull stay at your b&b . The views from room 3 were breath taking,The room itself was comfy and clean.Breakfast was very good all in all a brilliant stay will be back,very welcoming. Lovely setting.

• Stayed August 2012
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I booked room 3 and stayed there with my partner Alison and our 8yr old Sophie last summer. We loved it so much I saved my pennies for a longer stay this year (2012). The view from the window couldn't be better. The welcome from Beth and Mike (and this year, Bridget also) was the warmest possible: it matched the weather! We all loved the breakfast, although the girls struggled with the quantity, not being used to it! The room was clean and tidy and (mostly) we kept our shoes off indoors to keep it that way. Beth even took Sophie with her when walking the dogs... it was one of THE holiday highlights for her! Will we return again? You know the answer to that one!

Room Tip: Harbour facing! Lovely to see the sun rise over distant mountains.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank richard b
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I had trouble getting both the bathroom and WC doors to stay shut (see other reivews). The view from the front over the harbour is fantastic, if you have one of the bedrooms which faces that way. I would urge you to avoid bedroom 5: it is a tiny single room, facing the blank stone wall of the house next door. The kind of room where jilted lovers finally give up.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
ab_wales
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My partner and I stayed in the self-contained appartment for 4 nights and I guess the most important statement is that we would happily stay here again when in Porthmadog.

Rooms were clean and well appointed, the breakfast was great for our tastes and they were very flexible. Both Bridget and Beth were very friendly and welcoming. We actually ate out each night so didn't use the cooker but it looked clean and in good condition. The fridge-freezer worked (was cold inside) but did make quite a loud noise when the pump was running after the second night. Being a light sleeper I had to turn it off overnight in the end.

Porthmadog itself is a good location to explore the surrounding area and a reasonable location for places to eat & drink in the evening. Its a quiet town so don't expect too lively a night out but the closet pub to the B&B was also the friendliest, The Ship Inn which is 3mins walk.

Borth-y-gest is about 10-15min walk from the B&B and although very small is a great place to visit, the tea room was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ab_wales
Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

With many choices and different standards around Porthmadog, the Castell B& B is a good middle of the road Bed & Breakfast. Beth and Bridget very friendly and helpful, with good choice of traditional breakfast. Welsh weather meant we delayed our first day out but were able to use their guest lounge during the morning. As the weather cleared we could see the attraction of the position of this B& B with stunning views over Snowdonia and even Snowdon's summit appeared in the distance. Portmadog and Borth-y-Gest walkable from this convenient location.

Room Tip: En-Suite definately recommended. and newly refurbished
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Shropshire
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at Castell back in April and unlike the previous viewer i found both Bethan and Bridgett to be friendly, genuine and accomodating...such a welcome relief after a long journey.

Breakfast was well cooked and plentyful. The Castell has a great view overlooking the harbour...and it's also in a convenient location for the Welsh Coastal path and some lovely woodland walks in Pen y banc.

I loved the Castell and will look forward to my next visit. Diolch yn fawr Bethan!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ShropshireFoodie101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthmadog
Royal Sportsman Hotel
#2 of 12 in Porthmadog
Yr Hen Fecws
Yr Hen Fecws
#6 of 12 in Porthmadog

Been to Porthmadog B & B Castell? Share your experiences!