Book now, pay at stay
US$99
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$131
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

Tudor Lodge(Porthmadog)
Pitchup.com
Queens Hotel(Porthmadog)
Llwyn Derw(Porthmadog)
TripAdvisor
Yr Hen Fecws B&B(Porthmadog)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

The point about these chains is that you know exactly what to expect and this Travelodge is no different. Situated on the outskirts of Portmadog in what appears to be an industrial estate it's just a bit far for a quick walk into town but easy to find. Hotel accommodation in Portmadog is very limited so this is a welcome addition.
Some curiosities about my stay though. I know that it is July but Welsh summers are no hotter than elsewhere so I was a bit disconcerted to find that there was only a single sheet and no duvet on my bed which I had to find, unwrap and then use.
Secondly the design of the room looks ok, and I had a big 'family' room, but there are no beside tables and the headboard had only two little openings, one either side for glasses, watches, early morning tea etc. And why does no one think that customers might want to read in bed? The built in over bed and bedside lights were quite inadequate. And no radio 4 on the television. Dear oh dear.

Spotlessly clean as usual for these places there was a lingering smell of air freshener. At least I could open the window.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
castellporthmadog, Owner at Porthmadog B & B Castell, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Hi Richard your stay was in the Travelodge not Castelll B&B . However we are pleased to announce we will re open Castell B&B mid May 2017. and you would be welcome to be one of our first guests. All the best Beth.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We were upgraded on arrival to the apartment on the ground floor - our bedroom had a plumbing fault - and found it most comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was taken upstairs in a light and pleasant dining room with views over the harbour. The full English breakfast was a feast (including black pudding!), and we enjoyed talking to the other residents.
It took us ten minutes to find Garth Terrace, Driving uphill along Garth Road from the town centre, notice where the double yellow lines end on the right, and you have arrived. There is a narrow footpath returning up a slight slope - on the wall is a street sign: RHESDAI GARTH. This is Welsh for Garth Terrace. "Y Castell" is the large house nearest the road. We were lucky, and parked at the end of the double yellow lines for the duration of our stay. There is a public car park three minutes walk away in the town centre. Returning down the hill towards the Railway Station (for the Welsh Highland Railway and the Blaenau Ffestiniog Railway) turnright into Lombard Street and at No.14 there is The Ship Inn. We had supper there both nights of our stay and can thoroughly recommend it.
Beth and Bridget made us very welcome and everything was done to make us feel at home. The "Castell" is now closed until the end of March, but we look forward to returning next year. The telephone number on their web site is no longer active; use their mobile numbers in the "Contact us" box.

Room Tip: We reserved room 3 for its en suite and view. In the event we were upgraded to the apartment, which was spacious but being on the ground floor/basement, had poor views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pheidipides
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I asked in advance if we could drop bags off, and this was agreed. However, when we arrived there was a note on the door, asking us to ring the mobile number, and then we were given the keysafe details over the phone, to let ourselves in. I did not find this very welcoming, but luckily I did have my mobile phone with me !. At the same time I was asked what time I wanted breakfast the next morning, not a good time to ask, while you are struggling with a key safe and getting luggage over the door step. We were in the top flat. 3 flights of steep steps up, which was a struggle getting the luggage up on our own. The view over the harbour was good. the shared bathroom, was not on the same floor as our room, and had no towels in to dry your hands. I texted my preferred time for breakfast as there was nowhere obvious to leave a note. Next day at breakfast was the first time I saw our host, who apologised for not greeting us as she was out shopping! Breakfast was nice, but then we had paid an extra £5 each for that. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Not the twin one at the top, as shared bathroom is down steep steps to floor below
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank rohoho300
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Thank you Bridget and Beth a wonderfull stay at your b&b . The views from room 3 were breath taking,The room itself was comfy and clean.Breakfast was very good all in all a brilliant stay will be back,very welcoming. Lovely setting.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I booked room 3 and stayed there with my partner Alison and our 8yr old Sophie last summer. We loved it so much I saved my pennies for a longer stay this year (2012). The view from the window couldn't be better. The welcome from Beth and Mike (and this year, Bridget also) was the warmest possible: it matched the weather! We all loved the breakfast, although the girls struggled with the quantity, not being used to it! The room was clean and tidy and (mostly) we kept our shoes off indoors to keep it that way. Beth even took Sophie with her when walking the dogs... it was one of THE holiday highlights for her! Will we return again? You know the answer to that one!

Room Tip: Harbour facing! Lovely to see the sun rise over distant mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family