“Great atmosphere, tasty food.”
Review of The Big Rock Cafe

The Big Rock Cafe
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I was camping in Snowdonia during March. On one of our trips to get supplies we stopped at the Big Rock Cafe to get some sandwiches and drinks. What initially caught our attention was the look which was more akin to a trendy London place than a small town. Inside it was busy but not cramped. Relaxed vibe. Servers were friendly and quick. Food was great. If I was living locally I'd be in this place all the time. Definitely worth checking out if you find yourself in the area.

1  Thank K_Salz
There are newer reviews for The Big Rock Cafe

Reviewed 18 August 2014

For breakfasts and cakes this place is excellent, the coffee is good but make sure any syrup latte is stirred otherwise no taste till the bottom.
Staff are lovely really great place

1  Thank MikeHYorkshire
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just the best bread ever. Daily specials my daughter loved the dinosaur bread. I can't say enough good things about this place. Good value. Great staff. Just delicious now if you could move or franchise in north Devon we will spread the word.

2  Thank lespaulhero
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We ate here yesterday morning and despite lots of hustle and bustle at the counter area where you order food, there was plenty of seating space in the rooms at the back. This is a bakery as well as a cafe so it gets busy with two types of customer. The "small breakfast" was filling and tasty, with high quality eggs, bacon and sausages. I had a "breakfast roll" as I wasn't as hungry as the rest of my family, but in fact it was huge, including bacon, sausages and eggs on a tasty white roll. Drinks were included in the small breakfast price, but not with the roll. As we left, we couldn't resist buying some of their excellent cakes for later in the day - chocolate brownie is excellent, very moist and rich!
Would definitely go back if we holiday again in these parts. Service was excellent, staff very friendly and welcoming. We don't have small children, but I noticed excellent facilities for them including high chairs, small children's tables and chairs and drawing equipment.

1  Thank Syak4
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Our family all love the Big Rock Cafe - from fussy children to veggie Mum & those with more conventional appetites! We love the variety on the menu - the smoothies are a particular favourite & the fresh baked bread is gorgeous (olive & sea salt focaccia, spinach & feta guanos). Spend some time in this wonderful & unique eatery & you won't regret it!

Very child friendly - kids lunches & high chair/baby changing facilities available. Very relaxed & friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Fiona R