“Best chippy around suppose!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“Best chippy around suppose!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Would say its the best chippy around because I dont really know of any other chippys in the area that are open at decent times! Good food, good value! Just down the road from the high street quite easy to find!

1 Thank awj93
John A, Owner at Allport's Fish and Chips, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I'm sorry the response is a little late, thank you for your positive comments, I will pass on your comments to the hard working team.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Order two regular fish and chips tonight 15/06/14 around 7.30. Chips were warmed up and one fish was tiny and the other one's battered was not cooked it was wet and slimey we drive home therefore, it wasn't worth driving back what a waste of £10.40, certainly won't got back and tell our friends who we had previously recommended Allports not to go there, no even worth giving any stars to but could not submit with review without giving it 1star

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Helenandstan
John A, Owner at Allport's Fish and Chips, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I have sent a message to HelenandStan asking them to contact me to discuss the matter further.
Obviously I'm very disappointed at this review and will thoroughly investigate.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

we went into Allports in Porthmadog on a Friday tea time , walked back to the garden for 'al fresco ' fish and chips. I handed them all out and realised we wrre a box missing. I ate mine , then returned to enquire about the missing box. No problem at all , in fact the person serving put in an extra southern fried chicken breast. Thanks Allports.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank SueTett
Sue thank you for your great review, I'm sorry that we didn't get it right the first time and glad that the team were able to put it right on the night.
doncaster
“Wish we had tried them earlier in the week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We got our takeaway from here later in the week, which was a shame as we would have liked to have gone back. The staff were very friendly and the place spotlessly clean. Food was good value for money with a decent menu. We all had something different and all very much enjoyed what we did have, I tried the cod roe which was very tasty, and even my teenage daughter who can be picky about food enjoyed hers. Hope to go again when next in the area

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank badwolfbabe
John A, Owner at Allport's Fish and Chips, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Very pleased that we were able to impress, looking forward to seeing you all again soon, I'll pass on your kind words to all the hard working team at Allports Porthmadog.
Mold, United Kingdom
“The best in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Excellent as usual. Unless you are hungry share the chips.
One of the chip shops anywhere always good. Ask for a small amount of salt unless you want a lot!

Visited June 2014
I'm are very pleased that we made the mark on this occasion, I will pass on the great news to all the team, thank you very much.