“Excellent food.”

Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We came to this chip shop in june 2014. Food really nice so hot and fresh. Were coming back in a few weeks with more family. Staff lovely. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank rae1307
John A, Owner at Allport's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much, it means a great deal to us when we are supported in such a positive way by our regular customers, third great review in a row, pressure is on!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Freshly cooked, tasty, good portion size. I had the child's portion and it was plenty for me. We always make sure we have fish and chips from here whenever we visit the area and they never disappoint! You'll be sorry if you miss them.

1  Thank Gaynlou

Thank you for the great review, I'm very pleased to know that we met with your expectation, I'll pass on your compliments and look forward to seeing you again this summer.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Would say its the best chippy around because I dont really know of any other chippys in the area that are open at decent times! Good food, good value! Just down the road from the high street quite easy to find!

1  Thank awj93

I'm sorry the response is a little late, thank you for your positive comments, I will pass on your comments to the hard working team.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Order two regular fish and chips tonight 15/06/14 around 7.30. Chips were warmed up and one fish was tiny and the other one's battered was not cooked it was wet and slimey we drive home therefore, it wasn't worth driving back what a waste of £10.40, certainly won't got back and tell our friends who we had previously recommended Allports not to go there, no even worth giving any stars to but could not submit with review without giving it 1star

1  Thank Helenandstan
John A, Owner at Allport's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I have sent a message to HelenandStan asking them to contact me to discuss the matter further.
Obviously I'm very disappointed at this review and will thoroughly investigate.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

we went into Allports in Porthmadog on a Friday tea time , walked back to the garden for 'al fresco ' fish and chips. I handed them all out and realised we wrre a box missing. I ate mine , then returned to enquire about the missing box. No problem at all , in fact the person serving put in an extra southern fried chicken breast. Thanks Allports.

1  Thank SueTett

Sue thank you for your great review, I'm sorry that we didn't get it right the first time and glad that the team were able to put it right on the night.