“Shame, it's gone down hill”
Review of Caffi Portmeirion

Caffi Portmeirion
Ranked #35 of 57 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Cuisines: Cafe
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Shame, it's gone down hill”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I visited this cafe last year and was really pleased with the whole experience, clean, friendly staff, really nice hot roast in fresh rolls with salad, homemade cakes, chutneys and jams. Decided to visit again today as we were in the area, I can not believe that it's the same establishment. If I were Portmeirion I would be embarrassed. If you were a tourist and visited this cafe, based on what I saw today I would not visit Portmeirion! Dirty tables, dirty floor, large floor to ceiling windows filthy, no menus, no price list (i.e baps, hot meats etc), lazy, miserable staff that gave preference to locals the list could go on. The beef salad bap was was fine, however the whole experience just left me feeling angry that I'd forked out to be given shoddy service in filthy premises Portmeirion Cafe Porthmadog.................sort yourself out!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank M

Dolgellau
“Lovely cakes and a 'proper' pot of tea”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Had a lovely pot of tea and a couple of excellent cakes here on Saturday. The strawberry roulade was heavy on the cream and nice and moist, while the millionaires shortbread couldn't be beaten.
Really nice atmosphere with free newspapers and a very chilled 'no hurry' type feel.

Well worth a visit if you're passing

• Visited October 2013