We have had a two night break at this hotel this week .... The staff and the breakfast were fantastic . They were really helpful and very professional . We stayed with two small children , and this was the only problem . The room layout was ok but there was lots of reachable things to mess with . Ordering of evening meals was a little unclear as we were advised that dinner was served 6-9 pm and our children normally go to bed at this time . we were told it would be fine to order and eat in the bar .... In the bar it was quite " loud " and not a place for babies . This resulted in us not eating here for our evening meal for our stay . Maybe a quieter place and earlier child friendly meal time would be easier . Other than this , the royal sportsman is a lovely hotel where I would use again but maybe only as a couple .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales