What a gem. We travelled to Porthmadog from Hertfordshire my partner had never visited Wales before and I last visited North Wales 47 years ago. We were in for a real treat this hotel is so good - staff so friendly and made us very welcome, food was outstanding with a very extensive menu both for dinner and breakfast. Waiting staff could not do enough for us and added to the pleasure of the excellent wine, fine dining and overall professionalism. Each night there was a lovely open fire in the lounge and it was a pleasure to sit by it each evening after our meal.
The hotel supplied us with money off vouchers for Portmerien Village and the Ffestiniog Railway. We were on a Travelzoo voucher and had a free bottle of excellent wine and disccounted meals which was a great surprise to us.
Cannot wait to visit the hotel again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales