Spent 2 nights here during half term. Should have been 3 but we'd had enough! Courtyard room was small, and smelt strongly of disinfectant. We'd spent a fair amount of time booking in being given a handful of slips of paper for breakfast, dinner, a bottle of wine with dinner if we had so many courses, a list of do's and don'ts, do we want to book local activites, etc etc. Every money making scheme that could be thought of. However the food was very good -- if quite expensive - but the quality of the surroundings in no way lived up to the quality of the food. A very disappointing few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales