Stayed at the royal sportsman hotel on a travelzoo deal 2 nights with bed and continental breakfast dinner voucher for £50 and a bottle of wine for £135 per couple fantastic value for money. Arrived at 14.10 but couldn't check in until 3pm so decided to go for a walk. What a mistake heavens opened up and we got soaked to the skin, found a working men's club who made us very welcome though where we had a couple of drinks, still raining when we left but thought it best to check in. Shown to a room off a courtyard very small but nice enough. We ate out that night ( see my review of Sima Tandoori). Slept well, continental breakfast really good, fresh fruit, cerea ls, homemade porridge, toast, pastries croissants etc. Don't need to pay extra for a full English as more than enough. There wasn't much to see in Porthmadog but weather better so drove up to the slate mine museum (see my other review). We were wanting to ride on the Ffestiniog railway but not running on a Monday so hence the drive. What a change in weather we gad rain, wind, massive hailstones and sunshine. We ate in restaurant and used the food voucher second night food delicious, service very good. Would recommend this for value for money trip away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales