“A lovely warm and cosy place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tudor Lodge

Tudor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 12 Porthmadog B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“A lovely warm and cosy place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Tudor Lodge has a really convenient location close to the centre of Porthmadog and and the owners Carl and Anja have really made this a lovely warm and cosy place to stay - even on a cold day in February! Carl gave us a very warm welcome and took a lot of trouble guiding us through the dining options in the area which was very helpful.The bedroom was beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean and nice and warm. The continental breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of choice from fresh fruit to cold meats and cheeses, even lovely warm croissants, all washed down with freshly brewed real coffee or a good choice of herbal teas too. They have thought of everything. We would definitely stay at Tudor Lodge again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chamomile1338

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

It was my 1st time to stay at Tudor Lodge and I'd definitely stay again and recommend to anyone. I hadn't booked but was lucky they had a spare room. Carl (host) gave me a warm welcome and gave me loads of info on where to eat, get a drink or listen to bands during my stay.
The room was clean, comfortable and warm.... Perfect!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah M
Burnley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This was my first stay at Tudor Lodge and what a breath of fresh air compared to where is was staying earlier in the week.

I was stuck in the dredded M6 accident rush hour traffic and my sat nav said it would get me to the hotel wat after the latest check in. I rang the hotel and spoke to the owner who was very reasurring and promised no matter what time i arrived he would sort out a place to leave the key and get to my bed.

I actually arrive after 8 hours on the road and was welcomed in a very helpful and friendly way. The owner took my bags off me and carried them to my room which I have to say was luxurious. Even though it was a single it was very spacious with what looked like brand new facilities. The room was excellently decorated and kitted out with a large flat screen TV a beautifully set out bathroom.

If I had any complaints, it was that the bed was a little too firm for my liking. But heh!!

In the morning I went for breakfast and again was greated by the owner who first of all asked how I was and did I get a good nights sleep. he explained fully the continental brealfast set up and then left me to it. The breakfast was really very good with a good selection of cold meats, bread, pastires, ceriels, yogorts and friuts. very nive indeed. I would recommend the Tudor Lodge to anyone.

Thanks

Room Tip: To be honest, I can't imagine there being a bad room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dino246GT
Exeter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

We were greeted with a very warm welcome followed by a huge amount of local information from Carl the owner. He told us the best places to eat and where to avoid, he suggested a route for our drive the following day which would show us some of the best bits of Snowdonia. We were then shown to our room which was superbly decorated, with a big TV and a modern en suite shower room. The room had a sofa as well as a double bed and we still had plenty of room to move about. We had a lovely continental breakfast which included ham, cheese, yogurt, cereal, toast, fruit and great coffee. We were there for 2 nights and would have loved to have stayed all week. You will not be disapointed if you book and stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for room 9.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RichardM139Exeter
Rainford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

If you want to be in this part of Wales, Tudor Lodge is the place to stay. Carl and Anja are brilliant hosts giving their expertise of the area and offering suggestions of where to go to get the best from a few days break.The Lodge is spotless, the rooms very comfortable and the breakfasts so enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Ginny891
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay with friends. We were made to feel most welcome and Carl went out of his way to provide local information to enable us to make the most of our time in the area.

The building is well maintained and our rooms were spotlessly clean and furnished to a very high standard. It was very cold outside but the heating system was more than capable of coping with it! The guest house is also well located and within easy walking distance of several good places to eat.

After the first night we happened to mention over breakfast that the pillows in our room were a little too firm for our comfort. Anja overheard this and immediately offered to replace them which she subsequently did. We had a bottle of wine in our room and 2 wine glasses magically appeared. These little things really show that they care about their guests and although they cost nothing are certainly worth a lot.

Friendly, comfortable, clean and well maintained. You just can't ask for more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank brucen865
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Just returned after three nights on business.
I was greeted by Carl on arrival who was very informative & friendly. The room was fine & the shower was great, the bed was comfy. The room was very clean, plenty of tea, coffee etc.
The next morning we were met by Anja who was also very friendly. Plenty of choice for breakfast.
Overall a great place to stay if visiting the area. I will return again when in the area. I can't understand the negative comments because I was made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gingerr123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthmadog
Royal Sportsman Hotel
Bryn Eglwys Country House Hotel
The Golden Fleece Inn
The Golden Fleece Inn
#2 of 5 in Tremadog

Been to Tudor Lodge? Share your experiences!