“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 12 Porthmadog B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Arrived without pre-booking and were warmly greeted by the owner who accommodated us in a lovely double room. The Lodge is spotlessly clean and the location is fantastic. We would definitely stay again and would recommend the Tudor Lodge to any traveller. A lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank poppy187062

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Steeple Claydon
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed for five nights and were glad that we had chosen to use here as a centre for our holiday. We received a very warm welcome and were helped with our baggage on both our arrival and departure. We also received a lot of help on where to go for meals, shopping and places to see locally. Our room was very clean and tidy and we had plenty of useful storage space. The owner had clearly gone to a lot of trouble to make sure we were comfortable and all members of staff were very friendly and chatty. We have no hesitation in giving the five stars it deserves and will hope to renew our stay in the near future. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If possible, go for the upgrade to a larger room as we did.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chrisatxoloj
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We booked late.
As only one room, it was more expensive, £84 as only a larger twin room available. We were greeted by the owner, she was friendly and welcoming. The room was clean, good tv, shower etc The continental breakfast was good, varied range of cereals. Croissants fine as was the bread. Fruits not all fresh, some canned fruit cocktail. Yogurts. My comment would be that this is convenient, also parking, much cheaper than the hotels close to Port Merion if that is where you are visiting. However it is does not have the warmth of a B & B, I would compare more to a Holiday Inn Express or Premier Inn. Heating went off in the night, fine for me but my husband was really cold and no extra blankets or quilts available.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Whitland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Its been sometime since our stay but I recall well the experience and felt my advise may help those thinking of staying here or nearby. Firstly, I have to say we went very last minute (not through 'that' site mind you!) booking at 4pm and getting there a few hours later, so I hadn't researched much either Porthmadog or the B&B a lot. On the B&B front it was a gamble that paid off, the place is very quaint and is good value for money - it doesn't pretend to be 5 star and if you accept that then you should enjoy your stay. That said, the bedroom nearest the front of the building, which we stayed in, was lovely but as with all old buildings that have had a change of purpose over the years, the bathroom is very much an afterthought. Larger guests would not enjoy this, I'm a cuddly one and about 6 foot - I'm at the limit of the size to get into the bathroom! If you think yourself bigger, do ask if they have larger bathrooms. Its not a negative to anyone smaller than me - evidently my little lady could swing a cat, hence I don't count it as either. The place as a charm, it was just part of it, and it did make me and my partner smile that I had to reverse in to either the shower or the sunday papers seat!

The breakfast was a very good continental one, plenty of choice and certainly enough for me - and I'm a cuddly one as I mentioned! And the owners offered suggestions on local attractions for us, inc getting to/fro. We did the major points in North Wales over 2 days, Snowdon, Caernarfon Castle, Port Meirion - all worth a trip if you have the time.

What I would recommend to anyone staying in the area if plan where your eating - Porthmadog on a Saturday night is limited to a handful of places, we chose the only place in town to get an Indian, it was busy as hell and we waited a fair while for our food. The pubs may or may not do evening meals, it varies and most you wouldn't take a family or your young lady to (personally) so if your out and about, investigate good eatery's in the area, as we failed on that front - very much my own fault for lack of pre-trip research, but it was a last minute thing really.

Room Tip: Each room has its quirts, ask whats available when booking to suit your own tastes.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MJHowells
Dudley
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This was our first trip to stay in Porthmadog and what an enjoyable one. We found the Lodge quite easily and parking was not a problem. Booking in with Carl was nice and easy, yes you do have to pay first but this does make leaving easier as you just drop the keys off. We found the room to be very nice, warm (my wife hates being cold !), clean and well maintained. Our parents were also down but staying in Portmeirion and came to have a look and both were impressed. We both had an undisturbed sleep and a very nice continental breeakfast, Carl explained where every thing was and we had as much as we wanted, other guests who had stayed there before were pleasent. Both Carl and Anja made this a very pleasent stay. We will be coming again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Tudor Lodge has a really convenient location close to the centre of Porthmadog and and the owners Carl and Anja have really made this a lovely warm and cosy place to stay - even on a cold day in February! Carl gave us a very warm welcome and took a lot of trouble guiding us through the dining options in the area which was very helpful.The bedroom was beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean and nice and warm. The continental breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of choice from fresh fruit to cold meats and cheeses, even lovely warm croissants, all washed down with freshly brewed real coffee or a good choice of herbal teas too. They have thought of everything. We would definitely stay at Tudor Lodge again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chamomile1338
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2013

It was my 1st time to stay at Tudor Lodge and I'd definitely stay again and recommend to anyone. I hadn't booked but was lucky they had a spare room. Carl (host) gave me a warm welcome and gave me loads of info on where to eat, get a drink or listen to bands during my stay.
The room was clean, comfortable and warm.... Perfect!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthmadog
Royal Sportsman Hotel
#1 of 8 in Caernarfon
The Golden Fleece Inn
The Golden Fleece Inn
#2 of 5 in Tremadog

Been to Tudor Lodge? Share your experiences!