“OK for a one-night stay”
Review of Berwyn Guest House

Berwyn Guest House
Berwyn Guest House
Ranked #1 of 26 Rhyl B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip in the area. We had left booking somewhere quite late and there was not a lot of choice. This place had the best reviews which is why we chose it.

Parking is outside on the street which is free and we got parked right across the road from the B&B which is always a bonus. When we arrive Tom came to the door and introduced himself. He then took my bag up to our room on the top floor. The room was a decent size. We had a sink and a toilet in the room. We knew there was no shower when we booked as this was in the room description but nobody actually showed us where the shower room was! The room was basic but adequate.

The room was very hot as the sun was shining right through it all day, we had to sleep with the window open as far as it would go and the room was far too hot. This in turn prevented us from having a good nights sleep-along with the noisiest seagulls ever! Not the hotels fault, but annoying all the same! Perhaps a fan could have been supplied?

Breakfast was nice, with a choice of cereal and fruit juice, followed by a full cooked breakfast. This set us up for the day ahead.

B&B offered free WiFi-it worked to start with then we had problems connecting-not a huge issue as I connected in a nearby Asda to send my work e-mails.

B&B is very close to the Promenade and beach.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BerwynGuestHouse, Owner at Berwyn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Berwyn Guest House. If only you had told us about your issues during your stay they would have all easily being rectified.
We are not a 5 star establishment and do not charge 5 star prices, that is why the facility's are basic but we do provide clean comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast.
I don't suppose you have to complain much about the sun shining in the windows but as its summer I for one am happy to see it.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

we enjoyed our stay at the Berwyn guest house comfortable & clean hosts tom & Lorraine were lovely breakfast ( full English ) was excellent would stay again if in rhyl. good base for exploring surrounding areas

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosanne1961
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed for two nights whilst visiting my daughter on placement. Lorraine and Tom made me feel so welcome, they are lovely people. Breakfast was highlight of my day, plentiful and beautifully cooked.
My room was spotlessly clean, with all the amenities I needed. I would certainly stay there again, as it ticked all my boxes, very close to shops, bars and restaurants and minutes from the promenade and beach.
Lorraine and Tom were the perfect hosts, I would recommend Berwyn Hotel as the place to stay if ever visiting Rhyl.

Room Tip: Attic room was very peaceful and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Too many "anal" rules in this place - filling in breakfast sheets the night before, inflexibility around breakfast times, a false welcome from the hostess and a mildly aggressive attitude from the host when challenged about the fact that the shower wasn't working. Turn it to COLD for hot! How silly of us. Suffice to say, shall not be staying at Berwyn Guest House if ever in Rhyl again. There are hundreds of B&B's in this town - don't choose this one.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

When l booked online l thought l was booking a hotel, when l got there, lo and behold l came face to face with my first ever b & b experience. The room was very tidy, the breakfast was freshly cooked and always served with a smile, Tom and Lorraine were so very friendly and the beach was just a stones throw away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aitkens2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I only stayed one night on a work trip, the room was very basic, a little dated but freshly painted, clean walls and the bed was very comfortable. A few steps up the road to the main promenade. But Lorraine and Tom are so friendly and a lovely fresh cooked breakfast made the difference.

Room Tip: I was in a room facing the back garden,(2 I think?) it was a bit noisy from water pipes outside.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

my week at berwyn was good from start to finish. Lorraine & tom are excellent hosts, nothing was too much trouble for them to help with.My room was clean and comfortable with a washbasin and shower and toilet was on the next floor. Breakfast was good with toast and cereal and orange juice as well as a cooked breakfast. It is just off the front and not far from shops or entertainment. Also close to bus and train services.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank maggiedyer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
Melbourne Guest House
Roseview B&B
Roseview B&B
#3 of 26 in Rhyl

Been to Berwyn Guest House? Share your experiences!