Berwyn Guest House
Talardy Hotel(St. Asaph)
US$91
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewslovely coupleb bstreet parkingbreakfast was delicioushosts were lovelyshared bathroomlovely guesthousecentral locationa lovely staybreakfast roomlovely roomwould definitely stay here againselection of cerealstea and coffee facilitiesvisiting rhylshort stayhome from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and i found Lorraine & Tom made us very welcome on our arrival i was shown to my room by Lorraine and she carried my bag for me she said she was sorry about the décor as it was the last room to be done to us it was very clean and tidy our window over looked out onto the road where our car was parked .Yes we would recommend a stay here .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HWBC
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for a family get together. Arriving to the area by train, the Berwyn was easy to find and walk to. Tom greeted with a warm welcome and took my case to my single room. I knew that this didn't have en-suite facilities when I booked but for 2 nights, this wasn't an issue. There was a basin in the room and the shower and loo just up some stairs. The room was clean and comfortable with everything I needed for my short stay. Breakfast was really good, filling in a slip the evening before with your requirements. Cereal and juice were also available and then your full english and toast. Lorraine brought the cooked breakfasts through and had a cheery word with everyone, making it feel really homely.
Free WiFi was a bonus. Yes you do get an early morning wakeup from the seagulls but you are at the seaside!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Doylee1408
BerwynGuestHouse, Owner at Berwyn Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words, we like to try to make our guests feel welcome and relaxed.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip in the area. We had left booking somewhere quite late and there was not a lot of choice. This place had the best reviews which is why we chose it.

Parking is outside on the street which is free and we got parked right across the road from the B&B which is always a bonus. When we arrive Tom came to the door and introduced himself. He then took my bag up to our room on the top floor. The room was a decent size. We had a sink and a toilet in the room. We knew there was no shower when we booked as this was in the room description but nobody actually showed us where the shower room was! The room was basic but adequate.

The room was very hot as the sun was shining right through it all day, we had to sleep with the window open as far as it would go and the room was far too hot. This in turn prevented us from having a good nights sleep-along with the noisiest seagulls ever! Not the hotels fault, but annoying all the same! Perhaps a fan could have been supplied?

Breakfast was nice, with a choice of cereal and fruit juice, followed by a full cooked breakfast. This set us up for the day ahead.

B&B offered free WiFi-it worked to start with then we had problems connecting-not a huge issue as I connected in a nearby Asda to send my work e-mails.

B&B is very close to the Promenade and beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review the Berwyn Guest House. If only you had told us about your issues during your stay they would have all easily being rectified.
We are not a 5 star establishment and do not charge 5 star prices, that is why the facility's are basic but we do provide clean comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast.
I don't suppose you have to complain much about the sun shining in the windows but as its summer I for one am happy to see it.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

we enjoyed our stay at the Berwyn guest house comfortable & clean hosts tom & Lorraine were lovely breakfast ( full English ) was excellent would stay again if in rhyl. good base for exploring surrounding areas

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosanne1961
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed for two nights whilst visiting my daughter on placement. Lorraine and Tom made me feel so welcome, they are lovely people. Breakfast was highlight of my day, plentiful and beautifully cooked.
My room was spotlessly clean, with all the amenities I needed. I would certainly stay there again, as it ticked all my boxes, very close to shops, bars and restaurants and minutes from the promenade and beach.
Lorraine and Tom were the perfect hosts, I would recommend Berwyn Hotel as the place to stay if ever visiting Rhyl.

Room Tip: Attic room was very peaceful and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo