“Just what the doctor ordered!!”

Marine Holiday Park
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have just spent 1 week at Marine Holiday Park. Our caravan was immaculate, everything was thought of, from crockery/cutlery, pots and pans (there was more than enough), to a radio cassette for a bit of music as well as plasma tv, there was even a beach ball and a set of bat and balls! This really stood out for me, as all these extras were used and made a difference to our enjoyment and relaxation on the holiday. The cleanliness of the caravan was a credit to Marine Holiday staff-well done! The site itself was really clean and well maintained. It also had security staff. There park and the basketball/football court was used by my children who are 10 and 11. The baths was really nice with beautiful furniture for lounging after a swim. The shop is small but has most things needed, and competitive prices too (another bonus). The arcade is a bit on the small side. The chippy sold nice food-gorgeous chips my daughter said ha ha . Entertainment every night at the club, we got Madonna, Cher and Wham tributes FAB! bingo and also children's entertainers were good although it was mainly little ones joining in. Great Family park, Helpful and Happy staff. Overall it was JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank linda l
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear linda I
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Marine Holiday Park. We are pleased to hear that our staff created an enjoyable experience for you and we can’t thank you enough for your kind acknowledgement of them. It was certainly a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you again for your lovely review of our Holiday Park.

There are newer reviews for Marine Holiday Park

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We arrived for the Easter weekend and were greeted by the pleasant staff at reception.
When we got to our caravan, which may I add was a 'gold' caravan, we found dirty plates, grill tray and cobwebs in the main living area. The interior was shabby and we found dirty marks on the wall. As for the duvet and pillows, I recommend you take your own... They were dirty and thin, covered in stains!

We have been to here a few times now and feel that the gold caravan was of poor standard, we have stayed in bronze caravans that were a better standard and cleaner!

Great staff and site, they just need to get better cleaners!!

• Stayed: April 2014
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Marcampo

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Marine Holiday Park.

I have looked into this personally and found that the caravan was privately owned. All caravans must be up to standard regardless if it is one of our own hire fleet or an owners caravan. I appreciate your feedback in this matter and rest assured it has been taken very seriously. Cleanliness is extremely important to us!
I believe you have been given a complementary stay in one of our own hire fleet gold caravans. You are a valued customer who comes to Marine Holiday Park every year and we hope you give us another chance.
If you need to discuss anything please do not hesitate to contact me on 01745 333 989 or you can e-mail me at lynette.large@marineholidaypark.com

Reviewed 17 April 2014

When we got there coming by train we tried check in early. It wasn't ready, understandable. But when we tried check in at 4 we were told it still wasn't ready and had come back later. With five Kids in tow and having got the train this wasnt ideal. Every time we went to reception staff we were Either told it wasn't ready or told it had been written down and sent to maintenance. Which clearly it hasn't as end of our Holiday we are still waiting for an aerial. All staff were brill including Rio. That's what she said her name was. She was brill and a real credit to your company. Bar staff and chip shop lovely and very helpful but reception was useless. Didn't open on time, too many queues and customer service was shocking. Facilities on site brill but not happy with my stay as reception was absolutely shocking.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Becci198989

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at Marine Holiday Park.

As humbling as it is to receive this criticism, your critique will serve our team well, as we do continually look to find opportunities to improve our levels of service and attention to detail. I would like to reassure you that, while your stay certainly did not meet the highest level of service I know we are capable of, your experience is a rare one – one that I hope you will allow us to improve upon, provided you choose to give us another chance in the near future. We have one or two new staff members at the moment who are learning but as you are aware we have management at hand like Rio to help you with all your needs and requirements. Marine Holiday park takes customer service very seriously and has won many awards for Outstanding Customer Service.
Most of our customers are checked in long before the 4pm check in time, unfortunately on this occasion yours was not. We will aim to ensure everyone is checked in before the 4pm check in time.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We arrived at the caravan which was absolutely immaculate. Every single memeber of staff were excellent. The chip shop was very tasty which is unusual for a site, the tropical pool was absolutely freezing!,with a hose going into it? The park is small but quiet. play park is small. The maintainance man was great bringing us a duvet that has been forgotten at 9pm, The shop is small but prices are good,, I would also say the arcade is small too however at least it isnt all money money money. The mattress was very uncomfy i could feel the springs. We has to leave early due to unfortunate circumstances,however i would stay again. I would say if you want a quiet break away then go here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear Shazzersere
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as all feedback is appreciated and taken onboard. Thank you for your comments regarding the Caravan being immaculate and the staff being excellent. The pool temperature checks are made every hour to ensure it remains at the temperature it should be so I shall look into this personally. I am pleased to read you will be visiting us again.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

A review I forgot to write after my visits. Both my visits to this site were Friday to Sunday. Both times checked in well before 4pm. We took our own linen both times. Caravans where both clean and had everything you needed, both where bronze but I think we got a free upgrade as the 2nd stay the caravan looked newer and had gold written near the outside of the door. What a nice bonus that was!. Staff where all polite and site has everything you could need, I follow them on twitter and Facebook. Looking to return again this year with my friends. Great site and excellent for Rhyl town centre and the beach.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jack_38_1991

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

It is our greatest pleasure to know that you had such a pleasant stay with us.

We appreciate your comments regarding the Park and the Staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again, thank you

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I am basically responding to the negative reviews left on here about Marine Holiday Park, I felt compelled to defend the parks name as some of the negative reviews are nonsense! Obviously I cannot comment on other people individual problems raised but what I can say is that we have owned our own caravan on marine for 4 years now and we love the place, the facilities rival any other park including the likes of Haven and other big companies, I've noticed most of the complaints pick on the fact there are kids running about and people making noise on there way home from the pub and this just baffles me, how can anyone go to a family orientated park then complain about the noise the kids make whilst playing or noise from other guests who the park have no control over, if you don't want to hear kids playing or other people having a good time, then don't come to a family park, a quiet b&b might be more suited to you. we know many people who have enjoyed their time at marine and return year after year, we spend at least 4-5 months in total each year on the park and we always have a good time and I think the fact we paid a substantial amount of money to buy our caravan and we continue to pay £2000 plus in site fees each year says it all. As it says under the logo "fun for all the family" that is of course unless you are a miserable so and so who expects everyone to walk round like they are attending a funeral, take it from us as we know the park better than someone who only spends a few days there, if you are a family with children and want an affordable holiday where everyone can let their hair down and have a good time then marine is the place for you!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Stevopr
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Stevopr
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts regarding you and your family's experience whilst staying at Marine Holiday Park. We will continue to meet your expectations as we have a great year planned. Check out our entertainment on our website!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The marine holiday park is situated 10-15 minutes from Rhyl town centre.

We rented an owners caravan on the site which was fantastic, clean and great value for money.

The pool was brilliant for the children and the mermaid cafe was very reasonable in price.

We spent alot of time in the sports bar and played pool which was on 50p a go!!!!

The entertainment room was okay but had not got enough entertainment for my daughters aged 8 and 12. It was geared more toward 3-5 year olds.

The onsite shop was also very cheap.

My children spent alot of time in the amusements which was ok but not too big.

Overall the site was very clean, well maintained, quiet and the staff were very polite.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear denise m
Many thanks for the excellent review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Marine Holiday Park and found it to be "Great value for money"
Thank you for your kind words regarding the site being very clean, well maintained and the staff being very polite.
Hope to see you again soon.
Lynnette Large

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
Presthaven Holiday Park
Presthaven Holiday Park
#1 of 8 in Prestatyn
Talacre Beach Caravan Park

Been to Marine Holiday Park? Share your experiences!