“Marine Park saved our holiday thanks”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhyl
Marine Holiday Park
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Marine Park saved our holiday thanks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Thanks to Marine Holiday Park our holiday was great, after checking out of the horrendous apartment conditions at pontins we managed to get a booking at 7pm on Monday to the Friday. The park was in great condition very clean and well maintained in every area - swimming pool, entertainmet lounge, games arcade, caravan was lovely very clean and comfortable, swimming pool was great kids enjoyed aqua jets and water walkers. No complaints at all, had a great time with 10 years old twins. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear 22Twins03

Thank you for your kind comments about the Park being in great condition, very clean and well maintained. I am glad you enjoyed our swimming pool, entertainment lounge, games arcade, water walkers and aqua jets.

I am glad you liked your allocated caravan and found the caravan very clean and comfortable. I am pleased you will be recommending us to other guests.

Lynnette Large

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Husband & I needed a short, get away from everything break and booked this at short notice. Having read reviews after booking was a little worried re location. Marine Park is situated next to a housing estate and industrial estate but once on the site this is not noticable. Caravan was clean & comfortable and quiet - though this was a mon-fri break at beginning of July.
Site was clean, well kept and tidy - cannot comment on pool, food and entertainment as we didn't try them. Only thing we would have liked was some small plates in caravan!
What can I say about Rhyl, Rhyl is like a ghost town compared to our last visit 15 yrs ago. The seafront is a real contradiction - one side is full of the usual tacky seaside shops and arcades , all of which were run down - the promenade side is excellent, very clean and a pleasure to walk along if you looked out to sea and not at the shops/arcades!
LLandudno, Colwyn Bay, Ross on Sea and Betws Y Coed are all good places to visit - especially for an amateur photographer like myself!
If time isn't a problem for you, travel along the coast road, not the A55, much nicer views!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear SisterJill

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Marine Holiday Park.

I'm delighted that you had a much needed relaxing short break with us and found the caravan to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit to Marine Holiday Park.

Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Perfect for every thing my best time in my life .THANKS SO VERY MUCH to park staff ,we love Rhyl village.jenny ,Agata And Massimiliano ,Oasi caravan 36 nc.See you soon .Next time for long holiday.Yeahhh

Room Tip: A paradise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sardinia73

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Marine Holiday Park and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday with us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back here after a last minute 4night break...Booked a silver 2 caravan for two adults and one child.

On arrival at our caravan we was very disappointed, it stood out like a sore thumb compared to the surrounding caravans (not in a good way)...full ashtray by the door on entry, cleanliness left a lot to be desired (il get to the cleaners again further on in my review!) wallpaper peeling off, doors dragged on carpets...Wasn't happy at all. I had called the site before booking to specifically choose a nice modern caravan and booked the silver 2 upon the lady's recommendation. What we got was the opposite.
Back to reception we went and without hassle (credit where it's due) was allocated another caravan.
Much better! Although again the cleaners could have done a more thorough job.

The site itself was clean and a good size, childrens play area outside and soft play inside kept my little boy happy. The pool advertised as 'tropically heated' was a little cold. Not my idea of tropical anyway.
Evening entertainment... Ok. Our entertainment schedule must have had errors as we arrived an hour earlier than it actually started... Spending a total of 3hours at the children's entertainment..... Then a long wait till the bingo... Which was supposed to start at 10pm, although whether that was correct I don't know as we left before then as it's a big window of time to keep a 4year old entertained. So no bingo for us....
Fishing pond. It isn't one. Partner was very disappointed as he brought rods and ended up feeding the ducks there instead.
Arcade good. Shop good. Launderette good.
Takeaway ok, although the staff couldn't give a straight answer on the closing time...?
Big downside whilst we was there was the groundsman... As lovely as he was, to be woken up every morning before 9am by his mover and strimmer was a little irritating!
Last day wasn't a peep off him so we had a mini lie in!
The irritation that morning came from the cleaners knocking on the caravan door... At first I thought they were other guests on the site as they weren't in uniform (velour tracksuits etc... U get the idea...)
When I greeted them they out right asked if we was leaving as they were there to clean....check out is 10am... They rocked up at 10:05! Never had that happen at a holiday park in the past... Wasn't happy. After then taking a further 30mins to leave our caravan out of protest...wasn't going to rushed... We handed keys back and had a full breakfast from the mermaid restaurant on site.... Now whoever was on that friday made our morning. Brilliant breakfast for the price, and he was by far the friendliest most welcoming member of staff we came across the whole time there. 5stars go to him!
If I was going to suggest improvements a welcome pack including menus, opening times for all site entertainment, pool , takeaway etc that would be helpful.
Parkdean the usual site we go with are very good in that way... No need to go ask each time you know exactly where everything is, what's on and what's not and times etc lets everyone know exactly what they need too. Also if families visiting with smaller children before the school hol period had all the same things open and going on as it would in the hol period. Eg the BBQ and definite entertainment schedule.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Fallon T
Dear Fallon T

Thank you your comments following your stay with us.

Your experience is certainly not typical of the standards that usually prevail at Marine Holiday Park and I very much regret we failed to live up to our normal standards on this occasion. I was however pleased to see that we had been moved to another caravan by way of apology.

I am glad you enjoyed the food from our onsite cafe and thought the prices were very reasonable.

I am sorry you were disturbed by our groundsmen, they cut the grass to ensure the park looks it's best at all times, we will look into adjusting the times for when the grass is to be cut.

I am sorry you were reminded of the 10 am check out shortly after 10am, this is only a reminder to ensure it is cleaned ready for the next guests.

All feedback is Appreciated an taken onboard.

I do hope you return at some point in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner and are 3 year old have just returned from here and we had a great weekend ... The site itself is lovely lots to do for everyone real warm homely feel , my son loved the entertainment also the adults too as he played bingo with us :) are caravan wasn't amazing but it was ok for the one night we stayed ..
We stayed in a standard caravan , it had lots of room a tiny few issues with cleanliness but nothing major , when we come back will be upgrading to a better caravan tho.The service we received was 5* it was brill...
To sum up my son has come away a very happy little boy and so did we and we will defiantly coming back to stay for a longer period than just the one night , i think its good value for money :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank kim p
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Kim p

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I was pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and were particularly impressed with the service levels you received from the team.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

An excellent site which is close to Rhyl town centre which is good if you are travelling by public transport. Facilities are very good the kids loved spending hours in the heated indoor pool (and so did i) Friendly staff and a big plus was that they allowed pets on site too. The onsite shop and bar are also very reasonably priced. I will go defo go again.

Room Tip: I have scored room service as terrible but that is just because its a caravan thus no room service...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Leethewiganer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay at Marine Holiday Park. I am glad you all enjoyed the Parks facilities, especially the indoor heated swimming pool. Thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff and our reasonably priced onsite shop and bar.

We look forward to your next visit.

liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited this place 4 times now and it is amazing for kids. My little boy is 8 and he really enjoys the independence given to him when we're here. It's a really safe and fun filled park for kids. The wrestling ring is brilliant at Easter and the Everton soccer school is by far my boys favourite activity.

Stayed June 2014
MarieHolPark, Guest Relations Manager at Marine Holiday Park, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear lydulee

It is great to read that you have visited us 4 times and keep returning. I am glad your son enjoys each trip with us and that he particularly enjoys the Everton football School and the wrestling!
We are constantly implementing new and fun activities to keep both children and parents entertained during each holiday. Your feedback is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your 5th visit.

Lynnette Large
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
Talacre Beach Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
Sunnyvale Caravan Park
#1 of 2 in Kinmel Bay

Been to Marine Holiday Park? Share your experiences!