“Disgrace”
Review of The Cob & Pen

The Cob & Pen
Ranked #1 of 23 Nightlife in Rhyl
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We went in to this pub while we were waiting for our bus it's was about 7:50pm we ordered our drinks and while we were ordering them one of your bar staff started laughing in my face so I asked her what was funny? And she said nothing and looked down and carried on laughing so I asked my niece do I have something on my head? As she was laughing at me and your bar staff started crying and went out the back my niece took our drinks outside and another bar staff said to me you can't take them out side so I said yes okay I will bring them in once she seen I had my sister and my nephew in a pram fast asleep and my niece they said no children after 8 o'clock but it was five to and she wanted us to go and we said no its 5 to 8 we have five minuetes? And doesn't it normally be 9pm when children are not allowed in because a few of your regulars were not happy and said to us it was 9pm kids Arnt allowed in? I have never been so intimated in my life? Just because I was a scouser you have no right to laugh in my face? It's racism!!! We weren't drunk we wanted in drink waiting for the bus? Well at least I got my money back! I certainly will be telling all my friends about this poor service as we all come on holiday here! What a disgrace.

21  Thank Erikayoungxx

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Super pub with great atmosphere, a lot of hard work has been done.
most impressed with all . love the named rooms great if you want text your m8s tell them your in room ( )

3  Thank dazzerok
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Good real ale, good food and good staff.

Can get busy, but then that is because it is the best pub in the area - what would you expect :)

3  Thank cbakewell
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Decent selection of cask beer, good atmosphere and nice decor, gets very busy on friday/saturday night though. Could possibly do with a decent imported lager e.g. stella, budvar or staropramen etc.

1  Thank Bill T
Reviewed 17 February 2013

WOW! My hubby and I went to the new Cob and Pen pub in Rhyl this weekend! 15th February 2013. What an amazing relaxing lovely evening we had! We are 53 and enjoy a nice decent drink and we like to go to NICE places! Well The new Cob and Pen in Rhyl was beautiful! A very warm welcome and spotless clean pub! The drinks are GOOD wine was good wine and the real ales was great! A beautiful pub with so friendly staff and the owners are so friendly and really care about thier customers and I could see the cared about their staff too. The pub is decorated in warm atmosphere with 4 rooms you can choose from! The quiet snug the sports bar the waiting room! Opposite the train station FAB and the main lounge! The ladies toilets are FAB! Everywhere was clean relaxing and nice and warm and cosy! We went to Rhyl for weekend and we went into other pubs in Rhyl!!! Dont bother!! They are the pits! We all like a nice place with good drinks at a good price! So go visit the Cob and Pen! I beleive they are starting food so as they have only opend recently! We cant wait to go back in the spring and summer where they will have seats outside! A lovely location! The back of the cob and Pen has a covered smoking area with a heater and a lovely surroundings. So go visit the cob and Pen its Fantastic! The other person who done their review said it was busy!!! Well they have said it all!!!! Yes it is busy because it is the Best Pub in Rhyl by far!!! To all the people of Rhyl! Be proud you have a Beautiful Local Pub! You are great people and deserve a decent pub! Enjoy and thank you to all the staff and management. Well done and keep up a great job. We had a lovely weekend in The Cob and Pen. Love it. See you all again real soon WOW!!!

4  Thank Cathy M