Westminster Hotel
Talardy Hotel(St. Asaph)
US$78
The Kinmel(Abergele)
US$157
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewscoach holidaycoach driversingle roomevening mealsea frontlarge hotelhot watertown centrecarolentertainmentseafrontbreaksnowdonia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We decided to try this 'hotel' for a short break on a Wowcher Deal. I use the word hotel loosely and am glad we were not there for more than two nights as the bed was very uncomfortable.

We paid to upgrade but the room was still very basic and dated as was the rest of the hotel. The whole place needs a re-vamp.

The breakfast was a joke. The service was good and the staff were pleasant but I am not sure how they can call it a 'Full Welsh Breakfast' unless we were given the childs portion.

The only good thing about the break was the prime seafront location and the company I was with.

I would de

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JanineEdwards
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very poor indeed. This Hotel is in need of a facelift, it is extremely tired, dated and needs a good clean. We had a room with a view which was only visable when the windows were open because of the two inches of filth on the windows. Quilt cover with a fag burn, and a mattress with the springs embedded in your back all night. Carpet and décor that hadn't been changed since the war (1914). The full Welsh breakfast was a source of entertainment though, not sure what was Welsh about it unless it is traditional to serve cold beans, one sausage, one piece of dried up bacon an egg and some cold toast. The bar prices are extortionate which is why it was always empty apart from Saturday when there was a comedian entertaining about 10 OAP's of which 6 were asleep. The staff were friendly and the location is good although Rhyl is not somewhere I would be going back too.

Room Tip: Don't bother with it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank leeworzel
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for long weekend with coach trip, first impressions the room was very well presented, very clean, the bed was very comfortable and linen fresh. I asked reception the next morning if I could have extra pillows and decaf coffee and sure enough when we came back from our trip these had been left. Meals were served with a smile & very prompt, although you had several choices I asked for a jacket potatoes instead of chips with my salad for one of the evening meals and again this was no trouble. I have a lot of dietary problems and am somewhat restricted to what I can eat but there was always something for me to have. I had read some of the reviews and was a little concerned but the hotel was fine, yes it does need a paint job (Carol the owner know this) and I expect in time she will do so, but all in all a very good stay. I work in the profession myself and I know that you can't please all of the people all of the time but we try!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Nicky H
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for long weekend on coach trip which included some train journeys. Large hotel and coped well with two coaches. Hotel is tired and needs updating. However, saying that staff were great, rooms spacious and very clean. Bed was comfy. Cooked breakfast, limited choice but ok.
At the end of the day you get way you pay for and if you want a budget holiday and a good base, it fits the bill perfectly. Would I stay there again.....taking all into account I would!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank hippychickjd
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly welcome , room basic but clean. Sea front room lovely ,the curtains don't obliterate totally the street lighting . Popular with more elder guests. A very comprehensive guide to the hotel adds to the whole package. Recommended

• Stayed: September 2013