“Would recommend”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Rhyl
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Would recommend”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My mum and I had a great break at the Westminster with Newmarket Holidays as part of a tour of North Wales. From arrival we were looked after extremely well and this continued throughout our visit. All the staff were excellent and it had a quality but home from home feel to it unlike some hotels which are very impersonal and uncaring. It's not a new hotel but it is well looked after, I think everyone enjoyed the challenge of squeezing into the little lift which helped my mum as she has walking difficulties.
A special mention to our chirpy little waitresses in the restaurant who work incredibly hard and still keep cheerful when constantly asked "Sorry what are the choices again!" For a 2* I have to say the food was excellent with plenty of options.
The room and bathroom were to a good standard and cleaned regularly even though it was a short break, and the crisp white sheets were heaven!
The entertainment was not everyone's cup of tea but then what is? We enjoyed listening to the country music singer on Saturday who had a really good voice and a cheeky line in jokes - it's all good fun, not the X-Factor!!
We would recommend the Westminster as a good base for North Wales and also Newmarket Holidays and our tour guide Hayley and driver Dave who gave us a really good holiday, my Mum has been on numerous coach holidays and she has never had one that fitted so much in, the schedule and organisation was first class.

Gillian Anne Hardy and Thora Allenby
6th - 9th June 2014

Room Tip: Room 46 is very quiet, great for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gillian H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I found from day one the staff and management willing to do more than enough to please all on our trip as far as I could see. Good food, good rooms, excellent staff. The sort of place that will be well mentioned by others on the trip I am sure.

I was the " odd one out ", my first holiday for six years due to personal circumstances. Each and all went out of their way, made sure I was fed and watered and that my room was kept clean daily. Nice sized room, airy, television as and when needed, a good bar . Looking forward to my next visit. Made some good friends. The lift was an added bonus for my age range. Must say the dining room staff seemed to be too few for the amount of work to do in too short a space of time.

Room Tip: Be guided by your Coach Courier.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John T
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on 4day coach trip. The hotel was clean and my single room was just right, had a view over the sea front .Staff friendly and helpful. the entertainment was what it was, I only did one evening so can't really commit. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Evening meal had choices but sorry it was not brilliant get a better cook and don't buy frozen food. Disappointed on the Sunday all day surrounded by Welsh lambs skipping in the mountains but no Sunday Roast lamb dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Thérèse R
bolton
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We only stayed one night. The room was lovely and clean and bright. The place is in a great location on the front. We didn't stay in the town at night we went elsewhere. I would stay here again. I didn't have the breakfast due to the price so i cant really rate it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julieband
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just returned from a four night stay at the Westminster in Rhyl and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel after reading some of the reviews.
It is in a great location right on the sea front and with easy access to all amenities.
The hotel as a 2 star was all you could ask, we had a twin room with double bed and a single bed and a en-suite which was clean and tidy with TV and tea/coffee facilities, the only downside to our room was no view just a car park and the window was in need of replacing or at worst painting as it was peeling and not very clean.
The restaurant was very clean and well decorated and the food was good,breakfast and dinner were three courses and the food was well cooked and the service very efficient with happy staff.
There was nightly entertainment which we all enjoyed and a bar with good selection of drinks so for a 2 star hotel it was all you could ask

Room Tip: sea front rooms first floor as only small lift
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roger B
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel 5th May for 4 nights bed breakfast and evening meal we travelled with David Urquart's bus tour. We were given a nice big room facing the back of hotel on the first floor we never used the lift so I can't comment on that as we always walked up and down stairs.
The hotel was in a nice situation right across the road from the beach and it had a lovely promenade to walk along of an evening after your dinner the sunsets were amazing
The town centre was 5 minutes walk from hotel where we found a good selection of shops
The staff at the hotel were nice and friendly and very helpful, and for a 2 star hotel our meals were very nice and we were given a good choice, there was entertainment on at night and it was good we had a right laugh. We enjoyed our stay and don't have any complaints

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gwen g
DORSET
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Westminster Hotel in Rhyl for three night`s,as part of a 4day coach trip by Newmarket Holiday`s,Portmerion 4 day rail holiday.
The friendly owner greeted us on the coach, the hotel was right on the beach front,my room was a single on the 4th floor which was clean and fresh,with a toilet and shower, the window was a velux,standing on tiptoe you could see the distant hill`s,I was out all day so that did not matter. the friendly staff took care of all our need`s.Food was good several choice`s for evening meal,and a very good breakfast.
I would recommend the Newmarket coach trip ,Portmerion 4day rail trip,with an excellent courier and driver,do the optional tour Welsh Highland railway and Snowdonia it`s a must.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank WALT060
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#1 of 1 in Abergele
Talardy Hotel
Talardy Hotel
#1 of 2 in St. Asaph

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!