“Happy Two night stay”

and 1 more site!
Westminster Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Rhyl
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed in The Westminster Hotel during a guided coach tour of local attractions. The hotel was full to capacity with our two coaches plus another large visiting party. There were two sittings for our large party for both breakfast and evening meals. The dining room staff were exceptional, serving our meals swiftly and efficiently. They remained smiling and cheerful throughout. Our room was clean and comfortable.
Our tour took us mainly out of Rhyl but we could see that this hotel was ideally suited for visitors to the local area or those on tour. All the staff at The Westminster went out of their way to make our short stay a really pleasant one. Sallie B

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sallie B
There are newer reviews for Westminster Hotel

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The holiday was made, by the staff. They did everything they could for you, to make your stay an outstanding one. I would recommend the Westminster Hotel, to everyone. My husband and I stay here for three nights on a four day coach trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My mum and I had a great break at the Westminster with Newmarket Holidays as part of a tour of North Wales. From arrival we were looked after extremely well and this continued throughout our visit. All the staff were excellent and it had a quality but home from home feel to it unlike some hotels which are very impersonal and uncaring. It's not a new hotel but it is well looked after, I think everyone enjoyed the challenge of squeezing into the little lift which helped my mum as she has walking difficulties.
A special mention to our chirpy little waitresses in the restaurant who work incredibly hard and still keep cheerful when constantly asked "Sorry what are the choices again!" For a 2* I have to say the food was excellent with plenty of options.
The room and bathroom were to a good standard and cleaned regularly even though it was a short break, and the crisp white sheets were heaven!
The entertainment was not everyone's cup of tea but then what is? We enjoyed listening to the country music singer on Saturday who had a really good voice and a cheeky line in jokes - it's all good fun, not the X-Factor!!
We would recommend the Westminster as a good base for North Wales and also Newmarket Holidays and our tour guide Hayley and driver Dave who gave us a really good holiday, my Mum has been on numerous coach holidays and she has never had one that fitted so much in, the schedule and organisation was first class.

Gillian Anne Hardy and Thora Allenby
6th - 9th June 2014

Room Tip: Room 46 is very quiet, great for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillian H
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I found from day one the staff and management willing to do more than enough to please all on our trip as far as I could see. Good food, good rooms, excellent staff. The sort of place that will be well mentioned by others on the trip I am sure.

I was the " odd one out ", my first holiday for six years due to personal circumstances. Each and all went out of their way, made sure I was fed and watered and that my room was kept clean daily. Nice sized room, airy, television as and when needed, a good bar . Looking forward to my next visit. Made some good friends. The lift was an added bonus for my age range. Must say the dining room staff seemed to be too few for the amount of work to do in too short a space of time.

Room Tip: Be guided by your Coach Courier.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John T
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on 4day coach trip. The hotel was clean and my single room was just right, had a view over the sea front .Staff friendly and helpful. the entertainment was what it was, I only did one evening so can't really commit. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Evening meal had choices but sorry it was not brilliant get a better cook and don't buy frozen food. Disappointed on the Sunday all day surrounded by Welsh lambs skipping in the mountains but no Sunday Roast lamb dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Thérèse R
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We only stayed one night. The room was lovely and clean and bright. The place is in a great location on the front. We didn't stay in the town at night we went elsewhere. I would stay here again. I didn't have the breakfast due to the price so i cant really rate it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julieband
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just returned from a four night stay at the Westminster in Rhyl and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel after reading some of the reviews.
It is in a great location right on the sea front and with easy access to all amenities.
The hotel as a 2 star was all you could ask, we had a twin room with double bed and a single bed and a en-suite which was clean and tidy with TV and tea/coffee facilities, the only downside to our room was no view just a car park and the window was in need of replacing or at worst painting as it was peeling and not very clean.
The restaurant was very clean and well decorated and the food was good,breakfast and dinner were three courses and the food was well cooked and the service very efficient with happy staff.
There was nightly entertainment which we all enjoyed and a bar with good selection of drinks so for a 2 star hotel it was all you could ask

Room Tip: sea front rooms first floor as only small lift
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roger B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#1 of 2 in St. Asaph
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
Springfield Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 1 in Pentre Halkyn

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!