“Great place!”

Barratts of Tyn Rhyl
Ranked #2 of 26 Rhyl B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is one of the amazing gems that you can sometimes find in unexpected places. It's full of history, and as one steps into a bedroom one can only feel how everything outside this house dissolves and vanishes - it's the best feeling to have after travelling 5 hours on the train! The breakfast was perfect - probably one of the best I've ever had. I felt I was taken care of by the owner, which was bordering on the motherly care! I highly recommend this place, it's an experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Zeta78

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Fantastic food and friendly, welcoming hosts. Room was well equipped with TV, DVD player and refreshments. Festive decorations in the dining room and lovely presentation. Very reasonably priced and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank seashell109
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Barratts recently although, unfortunately, for only one night. From the time of my arrival, everything was perfect. The door was opened by Elvira before I even had a chance to open it myself. A welcome tea was provided immediately, much better than having to make it yourself! The room was spotless, crisp sheets, nicely furnished and with a 17 centuary stained glass window. The choice for the evening meal made it very hard to select. The starter of crab, prawns and salmon was so beautifully arranged on the plate, it seemed a shame to tuck into it! My main course of pork loin, apple and cognac was perfectly prepared and the portion was bountiful. I would have loved to have desert, if merely to comment upon, but that would have been greedy. In the morning, I elected to just have the simple breakfast which had plently of fresh fruit, greek yoghurt mixed with local honey, with a 'smoothie' of fresh pineapple. Superbly made by David who is obviously a very talented chef. When next in the area, I shall make sure that I return to Barratts as it was such a relaxing place. I hope you find it so as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Philipw44
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I visited Barratts in November last year with my husband after reading all the excellent reviews. I have to be honest and say that we could not fault the food, it was really lovely, although quite expensive for what you got. However, the welcome we got was not exactly friendly, on arrival we were seated in a small library with another couple which made for very awkward small talk. We were then directed into the conservatory which was freezing cold, the owner even turned off the electric heater half way through the evening. The room was dark and gloomy, it had absolutely no atmosphere at all. The place smelt of what I can only describe as a dog./cat smell. The only other couple in there seemed to get preferential treatment, the owner was all smiles and very attentive to them. After paying the bill we didn't even get a 'thankyou' or a 'bye'. I would definately not return again, which is a shame as the food was cooked to perfection.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
26  Thank LottyWales
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My wife and I enjoyed an absolutely DELICIOUS meal at Barratts last night. All three courses were truly excellent, the service faultless and the atmosphere just fabulous. We have previously been a few times and this was better than ever...I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Thank you to Elvira, David and family. The other guests we chatted with were also as complimentary as us. Overall, a really enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidEllis13
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Superb welcome, room, breakfast and caring touches, on a cold Sunday night in January.
Don't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We had the pleasure of celebrating the New Year in Baratts, as always the food was superb thanks to Davids culenery excellence (their awards speak for themselves!) and their home warming hospitality makes you apart of their beautifull historic place. We thoroughly enjoy our stay and dining experience everytime (15 years now) and would highly recommend this 'little piece of history' to anyone. Our overnight stay was very comfortable and had everything we needed, we did not want to leave as David & Elvera make you feel at home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple