This is a sort of passing through establishment...the type you always hope to find when you are not in the mainstream accommodation part of the world! Yes I know there are a fair few hotels around Rhyl, but when you are "passing through" and only staying the odd night isn't it wonderful that you can find somewhere that makes your passing through "memorable".
The Barratts say they are a restaurant with a few rooms, and we had a couple which were delightful.As you can see from other reviewers and their own web site the house is a treasure of history and the Barratts own lives.
There were just we three staying the night for dinner and breakfast.The food was exceptional, better than anything I have had in North Wales before and the accommodation was comfortable and very homely.... well we are staying in their home after all! and Elvira and David made us feel very much at home. They obviously weren't too busy so they may not always be able to be quite so personally attentive, but in such a short space of one night we became friends and it was they that made this experience MEMORABLE. If you just want to put your head down go to a Premier Inn if you want to have good food,good company and interesting homely environment then you have found your repose in Rhyl! We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a peaceful acre of private grounds Tyn Rhyl is run by award winner Chef /owner David Barratt & his wife Elvira. David's cooking is imaginative generous & beautifully presented. His menu is adaptable & can be changed to suit personal /dietary requirements. The oldest house in Rhyl has paneled hall & snug, conservatory, restaurant & comfortable double ensuite bedrooms. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Barratts Of Tyn Rhyl Hotel Rhyl
- Barratts Of Tyn Hotel Rhyl
- Barratts Of Tyn Rhyl North Wales