Barratts of Tyn Rhyl
Plas Ifan(Prestatyn)
The Beaches Hotel(Prestatyn)
Talardy Hotel(St. Asaph)
  • Pool
All reviewsyogurtdecanter of sherrynorth waleshistoric houseroll top bathlike coming homereal fireblueberriescomfy sofaslisted buildingon arrivalperfect hostslittle touchesb boriginal featuressunday dinnerbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I recently stayed here for nine days as I was working in the area. I can't fault it. Elvira and Dave are wonderful hosts and made me feel very welcome. The place is spotlessly clean and absolutely beautiful. I had evening meals here and the food is delicious. Elvira took great care of me and I felt like I was coming home at the end of each working day. Bedroom quiet, cosy and well equipped. I will definitely be staying here each time I am working in the area. I thought it was well priced.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LLRees
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at this lovely pace for three nights for work. Although Rhyl town itself was not much to live up to, I had such a lovely welcoming stay at Barratts of Tyn Rhyl. The owners were very accommodating and the food was absolutely divine! Staying away for work so much, my sleep is always disturbed but the cosy and comfy beds were hard to get out of here. Breakfast was always welcomed by complimentary fruit and yogurt accompaniments which was so delicious! I will definately be staying here again,

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are quite close to each other, my room however had the DVD collection outside it so I was able to enjoy a film in the leisure of my room with the large flat screen TV and DVD player in room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Farina S
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We've recently spent a couple of nights in the care of Mr & Mrs Barratt when attending a family funeral near Rhyl. What a lovely couple & perfect hosts! Apparently the house dates back to the 1600's & was the first one to be built in Rhyl. There are two cosy oak panelled rooms, a lovely Georgian dining room & a lovely conservatory where we ate breakfast. This consisted of local produce & was of excellent quality & so tasty. The bedroom was spacious. The French bed was very comfy & almost needed a step to get into. Would definitely stay again when visiting family in the area.

Room Tip: We requested a room with a shower rather than a bath. This was spacious & well equipped including tea/coffee facilities, sparkling water & a decanter of sherry!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth E
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Visited recently for one night. Check in was smooth and effortless. The room was old fashioned but in a nice way, it suited the character of the building. The room was large, fully equipted and very clean.
Breakfast was lovely. Set in a very sweet conservatory area which was very relaxing. Food quality was high, presented well and fully enjoyed. Husband and wife team that make a successful attempt of ensuring guests have a pleasant stay. We didn't eat at the restaurant in the evening as already had plans but we would certainly like to in the future. We saw a couple of dishes being served and they looked and smelt amazing. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kiwi29-30
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for Rhyl night out. Over priced with average rooms. Needs some attention to detail in the restaurant and updating along with some cleaning to get on with. Proprietors really ought to decide what they selling here - and be more welcoming to their highly paying guests.

• Stayed: September 2013