“Jane Austin meets Masterchef”

Barratts of Tyn Rhyl
Ranked #2 of 26 Rhyl B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Jane Austin meets Masterchef”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Have just stayed another lovely weekend with David and Elvira ,the House dates back to 1672
and has been restored lovingly.We stayed in room 2,leaded glass windows and canopy over bed.
Very romantic. Awoken by wood pigeon in tree outside window, but that meant not to long to wait for the usual superb breakfast. Make sure you dine in the restaurant in the evenings, everything is homemade and delicious. Leave your diets at home,and endulge yourselves.

Room Tip: Room 2 is very romantic, this is a restaurant with three rooms, ideal for that special occasion.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bob H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cardiff S. Wales
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just got back from our second stay here. The house is lovely-and the welcome was fantastic-lovely tea and cake, with a smile. There is everything you could possibly want in the room. Breakfast is a delight. Do try it!!Thank you Elvira and David.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank can2ngirl
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Beautiful old house,David and Evira were really nice,the room was stunning and I have to say the best presented and tastiest breakfast I've ever had :)we were greated with a nice cuppa and a slice of homemade cake,the pics dont do this place justice at all.we will for sure be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank david b
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a two night stay at Barratts and can confirm that this is one of the finest B&Bs we have stayed in. A beautiful house, wonderful attentive host ( thank you Elvira ), delightful room and a stunning breakfast has ensured that this will become a regular stay for us when visiting Wales.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank loweythebear
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place is really special. The owners are really lovely and I liked it that they lived there too. I was greeted with a lovely cup of tea and a chocolate dessert and shown to my room. The piutures don't do it justice. Very quaint, clean and comfortable which is just what I needed after a hard day's work. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and I was out for the count by 9pm! Breakfast was one of the best I've had in any hotel/b&b.... yogurt, local bees honey and pureed mango to start followed by my choice of poached eggs on toast. Heaven. I'm actually gutted to be back home today! Will definitely come back x

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A colleague and I recently had to the need to visit Rhyl and after looking at some the local establishments, we settled on the Barratts Hotel. It was an absolute gem and as we had the run of the place, we were waited on hand and foot in the little panelled snug with roaring log fire. I was even given a bell to ring for further drinks. I really was made to feel like lord of the manor!

We ordered dinner and were fed delightful canapés with drinks before moving into the restaurant which has bags of ambience. We then had an absolutely first rate meal. I have stayed in many hotels over the years but nothing matched the food we had on that evening. The breakfast the following day was also perfect - quality over quantity but the ingredients spoke for themselves.

I would highly recommend a visit as it is so nice to receive such a warm and personal service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian F
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Had a truly wonderful time at Barratts on Valentine's night. Delicious food, warm friendly atmosphere and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Hope to return there soon even though we only live 5 minutes drive away.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#1 of 1 in Abergele
Roseview B&B
Roseview B&B
#3 of 26 in Rhyl

Been to Barratts of Tyn Rhyl? Share your experiences!