“Superb evening”

Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer style, value & the warmest of welcomes to each and every one of our customers. We deliver great tastes from the very best local suppliers, to discerning diners in this historic market town. Our reputation is built upon using locally produced ingredients, which is now under the control of our talented Head Chef, Seamus Russell who joined us in early February this year. Seamus, brings with him a wealth of experience and has worked in some well-known kitchens - Ynishir in Machynlleth which is a ONE Michelin Star restaurant, Noma in Copenhagen which is a TWO Michelin star restaurant and The Little Truffle on the Gold Coast in Australia, these are to name but just three. His enthusiasm is infectious, his skills are obvious and well homed, his hard work and devotion are incredible - and all this is evident in the dishes he produces. He has introduced a five course taster menu, which is available upon request; please see our website for all our available menus.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a Suberb evening here on Saturday, lovely happy, relaxed atmosphere, food was amazing. Cooking the steaks on the stones meant they were just as we wanted them, hot and lots of fun. Staff were busy and working hard but smiling all the time, even when we didn't want to go home !!, we felt welcome every minute. Thank you. Looking forward to next visit.

Jane H, Owner at Mirrens Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thanks Julie for coming along to Mirren's for a night out, if you haven't had the steak on the rock before its well worth having a go and I am glad you enjoyed it, a lot of people don't like the idea and we have had comments of "I have come out for you to cook for me not cook my food myself" but using the rock for your steak is a whole different taste experience too, so am glad you give it a go.

Your more than welcome to bring your sleeping bags next time :)

Hope to see you at Mirren's again soon

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a lovely meal here. We had Tapas,which was all well cooked and served. They said 3-4 dishes each are advised. We did just that and also had bread and it was just right. We enjoyed night and the atmophere.

Jane H, Owner at Mirrens Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your comments and I am so glad you enjoyed the Tapas that you had, we are making some changes to all our menus and if you have any thoughts on what you would like to see on our menu then please email your suggestions to :-

info@mirrenssteakandtapasbar.co.uk

Look forward to welcoming you to Mirren's again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Quite simply the worst Tapas experience I've ever had. The least value for money and lack of effort or originality. Clearly many people have enjoyed meals here and we have no intention of casting doubt over their assessments - just don't order Tapas!

Jane H, Owner at Mirrens Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Really dismayed to read your comments Pete, the recipes and methods are still being used for the Tapas dishes from when Daniel Herrez our Valencian tapas chef moved back to Spain after working for me last year.
All our stock also comes from a Spanish supplier too, with the assistance and guidance from Daniel on which produce to use. I also regularly visit Costa Teguise and frequent a number of the Tapas places around that area (I notice you have been, if you go again I can recommend some for you :) , so maybe it is time to bring back some inspiration on dishes when I next go out to Lanzarote as we haven't changed a lot since Daniel left however haven't seen a need to as have always had good feedback and comments on the Tapas.

Our prices for the Tapas also range from £3.50 to £5.95 which I think are fairly priced, however I do take on-board your price comments

I would really welcome some ideas from you on where you think improvement is needed on a dish and also what you think would do well on the menu.

Please email info@mirrenssteakandtapasbar.co.uk and once we have conversed via this method I can welcome you back to get some feedback on any changes made.

Best Regards

Reviewed 11 May 2014

First time we've had evening meal here and can totally recommend the steak one of the nicest cooked steaks we've had totally enjoyed all our meal, not sure if there was a specials board didn't see one but would love to see one there.

1  Thank sfaz100

Really glad you enjoyed your evening and steak you had, all our steaks come from both Alan Roberts in Berriew and the Waghu from Ifor Humphreys famous cattle.

We are currently looking at redoing our Tapas Menu and also our lunch time menu, our evening menu will get updated in the next 6 weeks however one of the things I have been talking to the chefs about is getting a "Specials Board" for both in the day and night, as your right we don't currently have one.

Hopefully the next time you visit you will see our "Specials Board" on display.

If you have any suggestions of lunchtime, tapas or evening meal favourites please drop me an email info@mirrenssteakandtapasbar.co.uk.

Many thanks

Reviewed 10 May 2014

First time here, the service was outstanding made us feel very welcome and very friendly. The food was amazing best steak I've had!.. The place was busy and lots of laughter and smiles. Very good atmosphere, no rushing like you get some places, and very clean!! Well done to the staff :)) will differnt come again

Thanks for your response and glad you enjoyed your steak, I have your loyalty card ready for you to pick up and we hope to see you again soon (obviously when you get another baby sitter arranged) don't leave it too long.