“Good for the money!!!”

Tropical Winds Apartment Hotel
Virginia
“Good for the money!!!”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I just returned from a three day stay at the Tropical Winds and after reading the comments I had to write something positive. The place is very nice and clean. it is aboout 20mins east of the airport. Granted that there is no beach on the property just across the street through the Long Bay development there is a beautiful secluded beach called shark's hole and of course there is Long Bay. Not great for swimming but good for body boarding and sitting on the beach. I had fun but probably I will not stay at this location again because of the location. If you do not have a rental you are stranded or you can take the public transportation that runs in front of the property. I would rather be in "the gap" where there is more to do. All in all the hotel was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly . The front desk even got a car for us at the last minute when we decided to rent one. I enjoyed my stay at Tropical Winds!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank rhondalove1976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dominica
Reviewed 7 March 2008

I stayed here only one night when our flight was cancelled. The airline put us up at the Tropical Winds. It was a good 15 minutes from the airport and in an area that was not close to anything except lower-income housing.

The hotel itself wasn't bad at all. The doors open to the outside, giving it more of a motel feel (I guess that's why they call it an apartment hotel) but it wasn't bad. There wasn't a nice view or any beaches, but it sufficed for the night. The individual rooms were great. We had a separate kitchen, fully stocked with a stove, mini-fridge, microwave and sink, pots, pans, etc. There was a separate living room with a flat-screen tv and satellite. The bedroom also had satellite tv. All of the pay-per-view movies came included free. The bathroom was really big and nice. We had two twin beds in our small but sufficient bedroom. They were quite comfortable.

The hotel has a small pool and a restaurant. We received dinner as part of the airline voucher, and it was okay. It was buffet-style and the food was not too good, but not horrible I guess. The people were nice and the guy at the front desk really helped us all out when the airline forgot to send a taxi to pick us up the next morning (gotta love Liat).

Overall, the stay was not bad at all. If I go back to Barbados, I would not stay here, though, just because it's in a poor location, far from any of the attractions.

• Liked — Comfort of the rooms and free access to pay-per-view movies.
  • Disliked — Terrible location
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
#2 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Been to Tropical Winds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!