“A wonderful casa and a wonderful family”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Tery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vinales
Villa Tery
Ranked #58 of 200 Vinales B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“A wonderful casa and a wonderful family”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I had such a great time staying here. The family are so lovely and helpful and immediately made us feel at home. I was traveling with 2 Dutch girls I met in Havana and (luckily for me!) they had found this casa already. We had a very comfortable room at the back of the house with a good bathroom and lots of space.
The food was so good we didn't even dream of trying anywhere else to eat and Guillermo makes AMAZING mojitos. We made a ritual of having a late afternoon mojito before dinner on the very cozy rocking chairs. Oh, and the coffee is brilliant and home grown!
Take a trip out to grandpa's farm and watch him make a cigar. Then smoke the cigar..
Yoli is a beautiful hostess and made great suggestions for things to do and then arranged everything for us. It was a perfect, tranquilo holiday to end a fabulous 3 weeks in Cuba.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sharon D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I'm not even sure where to start. The hospitality at Villa Tery is unforgettable and felt like home. Yoli, Tery and Guillermo are incredible people who really care about each and evey one of their guests. Food, washing, planning trips and simply spending time with their warm and beautiful family is an experience I will always treasure and hope you will too! Viñales is a must see in Cuba and Villa Tery a aantastic location. Walking distance to everything you need!! Enjoy! I certainly did- twice!

• Stayed November 2012
Westport, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Vinales was the highlight of our Cuba holiday and Villa Tery was our first experience with a Casa.
We had such a wonderful time with the family, they arranged the horse trekking and a visit to granddads farm with cigar rolling (smoking and drinking mojitia’s) and the following day they arranged a private tour of the caves with another friend. Sitting on the back porch in the evening with a mojitia was such a great way to finish the day.
We didn’t feel like tourists but part of the family, Jolly English was very good and she was able to help us a lot as we only have English.
The breakfast’s and dinners were far more than we could eat and the coffee from the beans grown in the garden was amazing.
Highly, highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
Berlin
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I dont have to write so much. The Kind of this casa is super. Jolly she speaks very well english, she and her family is really nice. The help who they can. The room is really big and the breakfast and the dinner perfekt. The lovlies dog of the world. The husband and his wife and so nice too, Jolys Boyfriend help us to go to the car-mechanic.Go to this Casav !!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed with the family Guillermo Crespo Suarez at Villa Tery, their Casa Particulares in Vinales Cuba. They kindly arranged me meet us at the bus, and brought us back to their Hot Pink House in son Yerandy's (also known as Tito) matching vehicle! It is located an easy walking distance to the main center, at only 500 meters! The family are extremely friendly and their house is clean and comfortable. They have 2 lovely rooms to rent, each with 2 beds, an ensuite bathroom and air conditioning. We chose the room in the back, which is very private. We were unfortunately only In Vinales one night and didn't have the opportunity to have dinner with them, but I've read excellent reviews! The setting is quite rural so be prepared in the early hours for a cacophony of sounds- farm animals and what was described to me later as a frog (!). Bring earplugs! I highly recommend this Casa Particulare and would definitely stay there again, and longer next time, in order to sample Tery's cuisine and explore the town and region in more depth.

On our first day Tito arranged a horseback riding outing with another relation, the very congenial Harriberto, in the National park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The horses were well trained and perfect for an absolute novice. It was a wonderful ride, during which we visited an idyllic organic farm. We later also photographed the cigar making process with grandfather Rene at their local farm.

On our last day we hired the services of Tito and his Hot Pink Taxi Car, which I also dub the Photo Taxi! For 3 hours he very patiently escorted us to the best places to photograph the sights in Vinales valley. There is a local "on and off" bus which also does the rounds, but as a photographer, the advantages of going with Tito were numerous. We could choose our hours, thus avoiding the large groups of tourists, take our time shooting and stop when we spotted something of interest. Tito speaks excellent English, was very knowledgeable and friendly, and I would highly recommend him to any person serious about their photography.

Room Tip: The room located in the front is possibly quieter (the frog resides in the back of the garden, I bel...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn H
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Vinales is a beautiful region of Cuba. The town itself is quite small and rustic so it was delightful to find accommodations with Tery. We had two bedrooms with private baths in her relatives homes. The rooms were separate from the house, but you were treated like family. The rooms were immaculate with shower, toilet and sink. The sinks only had cold water, but the showers had hot and cold. There is air conditioning.
The family were very helpful with our obtaining guides, taxis etc. The food was delicious and plentiful.
The addition of a puppy and wandering chickens added authenticity to the whole experience.

Room Tip: This is small town Cuba. No gyms, no valet parking. Big on friendliness, not first world luxuries.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rona R
Round Mountain, California, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I came to Cuba for a two month trip, alone, not knowing a single person in the country. I spent ten days in Havana and when I chose to move to Vinales for a little relaxation and change of scenery, my casa owner made the recommendation to Villa Tery and called ahead on my behalf. The first day, daughter Yoly was waiting at the bus station and greeted me with great English, although I eventually elected to try my best with my limited Spanish. I soon met the rest of the family -- mother Tery, for whom the business is named, father Guillermo (who we affectionately called "el Viejo" for "the Old Man"), daughter Yaime, and eldest son Yerandy and wife Yanet (not to mention Adan, Yoly's boyfriend, who is much a wonderful helpful part of the family as anyone else) -- and Chey, the cut little dog who became my best friend. I think it speaks volumes about the experience at Villa Tery -- and all of Vinales -- that I had only planned to stay for a week at most, and by the time I left (the first time!) I had spent three -- and came back two weeks later to finish with another ten days!

The house is set a few streets back from the main road in Vinales, amidst foliage and with the sounds of wildlife all around -- you find yourself being taken far away to a simpler, quieter, idyllic country life. The family is the picture of warm, considerate, accommodating. You will hear many times throughout your stay the question "todo bien?" -- "everything good?", "is all well?" and your answers are very important to the family; they take their role as hosts very seriously and want to attend to you. Their cooking is fantastic, and I find myself waking up in the morning with a hard craving for Guillermo's eggs, and boy how I miss the copious plates of food they lavish upon you at dinner time -- especially the fish, with sides of rice and beans, and vegetables, and fruits. I should mention that nearly all the produce they use in the food comes from very close by -- the coffee you'll drink in the morning comes from their house, and many of the fruits and vegetables come from the nearby cooperative, supplied by Tery's father Rene. The family is knowledgeable about and can help you make/make arrangements for every sight/activity of interest in the area: arranging trips to the beach an hour away, walking trips of the valley, bike riding, and horse back riding -- including trips through the countryside ending with a visit to Rene's farm, to hear his tobacco growing process, smoke and purchase fantastic, straight-from-the-farmer cigars, and taste the best mojito of Cuba -- period.

The family, if you let them, will feel like your family. Nowhere is the fabled hospitality of the Cuban people more apparent and better represented than in Villa Tery, and after a month in total with them, hardly five minutes go by without me VERY fondly remembering my time with them. I would go back in a heartbeat, and consider myself so very blessed to have met the whole family -- they took care of me as a son and a brother. I STRONGLY urge anyone heading to Vinales to spend a few nights at Villa Tery. Give the family my regards, and tell them I sent you -- it's the least I could do for how well they treated me.

-- Ian Long, USA

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Ian L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vinales
Moka Hotel
#4 of 7 in Vinales
Rancho San Vicente
Rancho San Vicente
#5 of 7 in Vinales

Been to Villa Tery? Share your experiences!