“A delightful stay”
Review of Villa El Habano

Villa El Habano
Ranked #4 of 202 Vinales B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2014

From start to finish, we had a wonderful stay in Vinales with Yuray and his family. The room with its beautiful outlook onto the countryside, the convenience and tranquility of the location and the friendliness and kindness of the family was excellent. We felt very looked after, especially with Yuray's sister helping to organise tours for us and also Valia, Yuray's wife cooking delicious meals for us. We even were treated to birthday cake on our last day there at breakfast as they had realised it was my husband's birthday from his passport and organised it in advance. Very thoughtful! We will definitely stay again if we return to Cuba.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here as a family for two nights in April. We had both bedrooms (twins, but with beds that could sleep two). Both rooms were spotless with well-equipped bathrooms. Our hosts could not have been more welcoming and helpful.They arranged guided walking (and horse-riding) tours in the area for us, and also got hold of a reasonably priced taxi to take us to Trinidad when we were leaving. The casa is situated on the outskirts of the town, but only 6 or 7 minutes' walk from the centre. The food was great too, both at breakfast and dinner. All in all, one of the most comfortable casas we have stayed in.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were met off the bus in Vinales and because we had quite a lot of luggage a friend of the owner was called to take us to the casa. Yuri and his wife could not have been more welcoming and happy to help in any way they could.The room was comfortable with a good shower and effective air conditioning. We ate at the casa for the 4 nights and enjoyed lobster, fish and pork with a huge amount of accompaniments. The breakfast was also very good including fruit, eggs,meat and cheese, cake and bread and such excellent value.
The available trips were described to us but there was no pressure to book. We did go on the horse riding trip to the tobacco farm which was very interesting. We also hired bikes in town and Yuri booked a guide for us to do a walk on the last day.
The bus from Havana is great and we booked a taxi back to the airport through the casa for 70cuc - an interesting journey in a 1950s car with no seat belt but there was no problem and we arrived in plenty of time.
I really do wish the family luck in their business. We loved Vinales, the people, the atmosphere and the scenery.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Our second casa in this vacation and also perfect. Very nice hosts with excellent organization. The surrounding was a wonderful contrast to our stay in Havanna before. Its outside the village but only a short walk to the center.
How was the food?: More then plenty and very good. Also the drinks.
How was the room?: All what you need with a nice bathroom. Absolutely relaxing were the rocking chairs on the patio.
Other Comments: One word to Vinales: An absolute must on Cuba. In Havanna outside my casa I felt hunted as a tourist, in Vinales I just felt welcome everywhere. And if in Vinales then try Villa El Habano!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

After a bad experience in Havana, Vinales was a place to treasure!
I tried to book a room with them, after a friend recommended their place to me, but as they were fully booked, Yuneyka offered me to find me another place. She waited for me and my friend at the busstop and took us in a taxi to the house of her aunt, when I said I would love to see the other place she had in mind, she took me there as well, without any problem. In the end we decided to stay at her aunt's place, and had a VERY GOOD time.
Most of all I'm writing this review to rate Yuneyka's hospitality and friendliness! She was there whenever needed, I bumped in to her n the town a couple of times and she would always ask if there was anything we needed, whether everything was alright…
I only saw there own place once, when I urgently needed a bathroom and was close to it, very nice and clean place!
Thanks Yuneyka!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We recently stayed one night with Yuray with my wife, 4y/o son and a friend of ours, who has stayed previously here. I know now why he recommended this casa so highly, beautiful casa, nice quiet location, the fantastic breakfast best I had in cuba.
Above all the friendliness of Yuray and his family, even my son cried when we left, he enjoyed playing with Carlitos and Fabian, Yuray even went out of his way to get us some fresh honey to take home its such tasty honey, and way cheaper than buying at dutyfree. It was a shame this was booked up after our one night next time we will have to book much in advance. Make this your #1 choice first

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Villa El Habano. We were met at the bus stop (even though our bus was several hours delayed) and driven to the casa. (Its not that far from the center of town, 10 min walk). We had lunch and where shown the different activities Vinales had to offer. We chose tour of Vinales, hourse back riding, walking tour and tour to the biggest cave - all with fantastic guides! The service of the casa was perfect. They answered any questions, made the food of our choice and were overall very friendly, making us feel at home.

The food the family prepared for us var very good, one of the best we had in Cuba. The breakfast consisted of everything we would want on our vacation in Cuba, with eggs, bread, fruits, ham and cheese and delicious natural juice and sandwiches, omelets and rice and beans for lunch. We had fish and lobster for dinner, all very good. You get a lot of food! They also prepared lunch that we took with us on the bus.

The rooms are clean with ok beds, minibar with a lot of choices and a safe. It was pretty cold when we were there, but there was warm blankets to keep us warm. Every room has own bathrooms with hot water.

I would warmly recommend this casa to every future travelers to Vinales!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family