“A Canadian Casa in Vinales”
Review of Casa Arcoiris

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vinales
Casa Arcoiris
Ranked #118 of 200 Vinales B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“A Canadian Casa in Vinales”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were met by Rio's mother-in-law at the bus depot. Rio is Canadian and can't (due to Cuban laws) come to meet tourists at the bus depot but we were so happy to see a sign with our name on it because it was CRAZY at the bus depot with many many people yelling CASA!

After a short walk to the casa we were met by the most colorful casa you've ever seen! with a very nice room and bathroom to boot! So nice that my husband left his swim shorts and towel there :( Rio, if you could mail those home he'd really appreciate it!

We didn't eat at the casa as we really wanted to experience some of the restaurants in Vinales. But we did take Rio up on going to the Cayo Jutías. What an amazing beach! I was so happy to have a Canadian to talk to on the drive there and back!

We took in the pool and the stars when we got home. The perfect ending to a perfect day. It is a little more pricy than other casa's in Vinales but the hospitality makes up for it. Thanks Rio!

They also offered laundry service which we really needed badly!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed at Casa Arcoiris for 3 nights. It;s a really nice and clean casa with a roofterrace. On the roofterrace there's a private 'swimmingpool', which is really nice since it's hot hot hot in Vinales.
The owners are really nice, they don't really speak English, so we tried to speak Spanish as much as we can. They came to pick us up at the busstop and called the casa in Cienfuegos for us where we wanted to stay after we left Vinales.
They also invited us to a birthday party in their house, which was really sweet. A lot of family, pie and other food.
The room we stayed in was meant for 4 persons, but isn't even expensive if you only use it with only 2 persons like we did. It is rather small for 4 persons (even for 2). You do have your own private bathroom, which is nice. The locker is gone unfortunately, you can close the door with the key though. But even though the rooms weren't that expensive, the dinner and the drinks were. For dinner we paid 12 CUC per person (which is 7-10 in the most casas) and the drinks we sometimes bought ourselves in the market, cause they were quite expensive at the casa.
But we really liked to stay in this casa!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
RiverWest55, Manager at Casa Arcoiris, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
As I have mentioned in the past we welcome all reviews.
This reviewer mentions the locker, which I must assume is the wall safe.
We have had problems with them and getting them repaired locally proved to be difficult.
So I have purchased 2 new ones and when I return to the casa this November I will be getting them installed. Thank you.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We spent three nights in this lovely colorful casa and felt welcome right from the start. The house is situated just a 5 minutes walk from the town center and offers not only a patio but a terrace where you can sit in the rocking chair, have a drink and enjoy the sunset. You could even have a swim in the little pool after an strenuous hike or bike ride.

Furthermore the house offers many amenities like a welcome drink, secure parking for only 1 cuc a day, an English speaking host who shows you around and helps you with all the questions or needs you might have. And what we enjoyed the most was the very supreme cooking!

Thank you all again for your warm hospitality. We might come back to Viñales one day because this was our Cuba highlight!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ljubljana
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Me and my friend stayed at this casa for three nights in July and I can honestly say this was the best casa we came across in the whole of Cuba (and trust me, we tried out a lot). The family is really nice and friendly (and very chatty), and the two older ladies are excellent cooks! So I strongly recommend you order both breakfast and dinner at the house. The son (his mother kept calling him "niño" hahaha) is an excellent driver (they own a 1955 Buick) and very friendly and fun to be around. All in all, I strongly recommend this house if you happen to be in the Viñales area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We stayed in this casa over xmas period and honestly they are one of the nicest hosts we came across in our travels. As we are not spanish speakers, being able to communicate in English was massive benefit. The food they have prepared was the best we have had while travelling around Cuba and their Lobster is out of this world. Only one downside was the bed, which i personally found a bit uncomfortable, but can't get everything for this great value. The rooms are a bit small, but for a couple is perfectly fine.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
RiverWest55, Manager at Casa Arcoiris, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
As soon as we realized the 1 bed was no longer comfortable we purchased 2 new mattresses for the beds. We always encourage helpful critique so that we may better serve our guests. If there is something we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please let us know as soon as possible.
Gracias.
Roggwil, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 July 2013

As I drove vinales, I came to the Gonzalez family at random. All have welcomed me warmly and carried me totally hands on, I felt like a queen with them!
As I experienced an emergency situation, the whole family has done its utmost to help me. For that I am grateful to them with all my heart. From my own experience I can say that Casa Arcoiris is the best place in Viñales! The Gonzales family are totally grown on me to the heart <B
ANITA, I LOVE YOUR FOOD!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 July 2013

If you don't speak any Spanish this will be a great place to stay in Vinales as the owner is a Canadian. Rio and his wife and her family were great host and they made me and my wife felt welcome. I would recommend to have them cook dinner for you which you won't be disappointed. The roof is a great place to have a cigar after dinner and just enjoy the stars above. The room was clean and in good condition which we need after long day trip around town. I highly recommend Casa Arcoiris.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple