Pagua Bay stood out to us due to their great website and amazing tripadvisor reviews. Luckily for us, we found the reviews to be very accurate! The property is only 20 minutes away from the airport (and they picked us up in their Land Rover upon landing!).
After pickup, we were driven to their restaurant, just a half mile away from the cabanas. The food was amazing and the views were even better. We ended up spending every night here and also most breakfasts and lunches when we were cruising up and down the island or exploring with our driver (The hotel also provides a charming and professional driver/tour guide for a fee.)
The rooms are very nice, we'd recommend staying in Cabana 3 or 4, which are the private secluded cabanas with hammocks and great views! From your cabana, you can walk to an ocean bay, which has gorgeous but mostly rough waters, or to a river, which is nice to float on in the Pagua-provided kayak or innertubes.
Local attractions include the Carib Territory to the south, beautiful waterfalls toward the interior, and a few stunning beaches to the north as well as the castle shown in "Pirates of the Caribbean." The hotel is, however, far away from the big city of Roseau, and if you do stay here prepare to be secluded, with limited options for dining and excursions: the island is fairly small, but the roads are bad and limit travel speed. But if you want to relax be pampered hand and foot, with delicious foods, the finest linens, modern rooms, and the stunning views of an unspoiled coastline right in front of you, this is your place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagua Bay House, Dominica's tranquil & chic boutique hotel, is a stylish, ocean view retreat overlooking the serene cove of Pagua Bay. The ideal place for the holiday of your dreams, for those in search of unforgettable moments. The four Cabanas and two Suites are wonderfully inviting with ocean views and upscale amenities, including Wi-Fi. Choose between A/C or enjoy being caressed by the natural, cool sea breeze. The rooms are large, furnished with king-size feather beds. The Ocean Suite with outdoor terrace includes a private plunge pool. Indulge your senses, where nature meets luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Hotel Marigot
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Dominica/Marigot