Lets just say, we planned on staying for two nights and extended it to five. We not only fell in love with Dominica but the proprietors, Rick and Alicia. We wanted a true "local" experience, sipping rum punch, hiking and just simply-taking it easy. We got it all. From hiking to the boiling lake (second largest in the world) to playing Dominos with the locals; we experienced this Caribbean island to its fullest.
As previously mentioned, this is hiking paradise. It has an amazing rain forest, trails to waterfalls and hot springs. The Dominican vibe is super laid back (unlike Barbados). It reminds me of Costa Rica before the US invasion :) We didn't mind coordinating our pick ups for the restaurant and walked back (down hill) a couple of times. I wouldn't recommend this for everyone (cars pass is narrow) but we enjoyed it. The restaurant, I would suggest eating the crunch salad, breakfast burritos, goat tacos and ceviche. Most of the food is organically grown and community sustained... love that!
Our cabana was tastefully decorated with lovely sheets and cozy beds. I also enjoyed, their decision to bring some of the tin exteriors as an architectural motif, which you see throughout the island. Bravo, we will return and can't wait to see the new cabanas and restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagua Bay House, Dominica's tranquil & chic boutique hotel, is a stylish, ocean view retreat overlooking the serene cove of Pagua Bay. The ideal place for the holiday of your dreams, for those in search of unforgettable moments. The four Cabanas and two Suites are wonderfully inviting with ocean views and upscale amenities, including Wi-Fi. Choose between A/C or enjoy being caressed by the natural, cool sea breeze. The rooms are large, furnished with king-size feather beds. The Ocean Suite with outdoor terrace includes a private plunge pool. Indulge your senses, where nature meets luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Hotel Marigot
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Dominica/Marigot