Amazing!.what can I say!..my husband and I stayed at Pagua Bay House for 5 wonderful nights at the beginning of April. We have travelled extensively throughout the Caribbean over the past 4 years and I have to say: hands down...the most comfortable beds ever...anywhere in the Caribbean!! Not only are the beds an amazing luxury at the end of a busy day spent hiking and driving all over this wonderful unspoiled island, but I simple can not say enough about Alicia and Rick's hospitality. Our most memorable and best trip to the Caribbean yet and our two hosts made that happen for us.
In the mornings we would drive up to their restaurant (soon to be located on the same grounds as the stylish cabanas) enjoy an amazing breakfast: local fruits...wonderful coffee!...the best eggs/bacon/skillet around if you ask my husband... homemade bagels (so yummy!).... put the island map on the table and Alicia and Rick would be there to give us all sorts of advice about where to drive to, what to see, how long to expect to drive, what roads where better than others etc...... and most importantly where to eat along our travels... : ) ( even going as far as phoning ahead to other restaurants for us to make sure they were open).... they then would pack us an ice cooler full of local bevies and water and wished us a wonderful day! Fantastic!!..
The cabanas...wow...pictures of them online do not do them justice...we stayed for one night in Cabana #3...gorgeous...cozy...cavernous shower...shutters... so you can feel the breezes of the Atlantic and listen to the waves crashing, and lulling you to sleep at night. Cape Cod feel in Dominica??...is that possible??....I loved it....we sat on our porch and watched the ocean waves...we had the best sleep you could imagine......and then:....Cabana #4....this is to be experienced!!
Larger layout...spacious.... same clean lines...luxurious dark high gloss floors....same comfortable feather top bed....gorgeous!!....concrete counter tops... shutters to feel the fresh breeze and hear the pounding surf (you won't need to put on the air conditioner)....bathroom fit for a king and queen...huge..unbelievable closet space gals!...the shower was enormous!...I floated around our private little chunk of island living like we had discovered a rare gem, and then discovered the bar fridge!...cracked open a great mini bottle of wine, poured it in a glass and joined my husband on the hammock in the front yard of the cabana! Heaven!
I can not imagine a better place to stay whilst exploring the island...honestly...we would not have experienced half of what we did had it not been for Alicia and Rick's knowledge and own personal experiences of Dominica. You know those tourist pics of loan hikers experiencing incredible displays of nature and wonder???...where no one else is around??...well..we got to experience that because we stayed with Rick and Alicia and they knew which direction to point us in. Waterfalls...rain forest hiking...little off the beaten track (to die for!) restaurants...beaches...yes thank you!
There is no denying that the 4, (soon to be 6) sublimely stylish and extremely well executed cabanas are private, cozy island get aways which will enhance your vacation experience...but in all honesty, and with sincere warmth....it's the hosts, Rick and Alicia who will make your stay a most memorable one.
We simply can not wait to go back and visit....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagua Bay House, Dominica’s tranquil & chic boutique hotel, is a stylish, ocean view retreat overlooking the serene cove of Pagua Bay. The ideal place for the holiday of your dreams, for those in search of unforgettable moments. The four Cabanas and two Suites are wonderfully inviting with ocean views and upscale amenities, including Wi-Fi. Choose between A/C or enjoy being caressed by the natural, cool sea breeze. The rooms are large, furnished with king-size feather beds. The Ocean Suite with outdoor terrace includes a private plunge pool. Indulge your senses, where nature meets luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Hotel Marigot
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Dominica/Marigot