I can hardly even begin to express how much I loved Pagua Bay House. My husband had been dreaming of visiting the remote island for Dominica for many years. This was a dream destination that required a dream hotel. With so many stellar reviews of hotels throughout Dominica, we decided on Pagua Bay House because of its privacy and modern style. We are so glad we did.
We arrived on a Liat flight and instantly greeted by Al, the hotel driver. After we checked into our room, we were driven back up the hill to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant. What a treat for us! We loved the menu. Everything was fresh and delicious. We especially loved the callaloo soup, fish tacos, mahi mahi, and shrimp fritters. The mixed drinks were also wonderful. The service was great and the view couldn't be beat. We ended up eating all our dinners at the restaurant because no one wants to drive around in search of food after a long day on the curvy roads of Dominica. Trust me. You'll want a break from those roads.
The room itself was fantastic. I couldn't get over the intricate wood work of the interior. The rest of the decor is appropriately simple to enhance the lovely paneling. The woods floors are some of the most beautiful I've seen. The bed and linens provided one of the most comfortable sleeping experiences I've had at a hotel. The only thing that topped the bed was listening to the ocean and the rain beating on the tin roof at night. Heaven. The bathroom was also excellent. The enormous shower was so welcoming after a long day. We were also impressed with how thoroughly the room was cleaned every day of our stay.
Rick and Alicia really know how to make their guests feel welcome. Alicia was wonderful about providing tons of information and helping us plan our days. We enjoyed planning our days while we ate breakfast. I am not much of a breakfast person but the breakfast burrito was incredible. Alicia is such a kind person. I love how she takes an interest in helping with animal rescue on the island. This couple clearly loves Dominica and it shows. They want you to get the best experience in their adopted home.
Even though they are in the process of adding on to the hotel, the construction was not a problem. We were thoroughly warned by Alicia and told we could leave on arrival if we were uncomfortable with it.
I should also note that all the staff members at Pagua Bay was wonderful. They all went above and beyond in making us feel welcome.
We can't wait to return when the renovations are complete. I can't imagine how beautiful it will be when the new pool and restaurant are finished. Dominica is one of the most unique and special countries I've visited. Pagua Bay is a special hotel on a special island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagua Bay House, Dominica’s tranquil & chic boutique hotel, is a stylish, ocean view retreat overlooking the serene cove of Pagua Bay. The ideal place for the holiday of your dreams, for those in search of unforgettable moments. The four Cabanas and two Suites are wonderfully inviting with ocean views and upscale amenities, including Wi-Fi. Choose between A/C or enjoy being caressed by the natural, cool sea breeze. The rooms are large, furnished with king-size feather beds. The Ocean Suite with outdoor terrace includes a private plunge pool. Indulge your senses, where nature meets luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Hotel Marigot
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Dominica/Marigot