My husband and I booked 3 nights at Pagua Bay at the last minute, just a day before our arrival, based on its excellent Tripadvisor review. Thank you, Tripadvisor, for this absolute gem of a recommendation!
Having read a lot of the reviews here, I must start by agreeing that the owners, Rick and Alicia, were super helpful and lovely. Just after we checked in, they had to leave on a trip and we were left in the very capable hands of the amazing staff at Pagua Bay for the rest of our stay. Not once did we feel like the staff were giving us poor service because the owners were away. Laureen, Gaby, Jenni, Mike--every single person working at Pagua Bay went out of their way to make sure that we had an incredible time. We were so well taken care of!
Our private little honeymoon suite, Cabana 1, was closest to the ocean and we were treated to the soothing sound of the waves all day and night, with very little other noise despite our relative proximity to the the road. The cabana was gorgeous--beautiful hardwood floors, poured concrete sink and countertop spaces, soft towels and robes, and the most comfortable king-sized bed complete with a heavenly feather mattress topper.
Wifi works great in the restaurant and pool area; since Cabana 1 is furthest from the router we couldn't get a signal in our room but that was fine by us. It was a very quick walk up to the bar when we needed to check our email.
Speaking of the bar, the cocktails are delicious! We tried the Centipede Rum Punch (a strong drink!) and the Coconut Peanut Punch (like a peanut butter milkshake--deliciously decadent). In our three days at Pagua we ate 3 meals a day at the restaurant and everything was delicious. Standouts include the fish tacos, homemade bagels, and delicious mahi-mahi.
An hour-long tube-ride down a nearby river is complimentary for guests, and is a fun way to spend an afternoon! The current in Pagua Bay is very strong, so you wouldn't attempt to swim there but there are lots of great swimming spots in the local rivers and Pagua Bay House has a fantastic pool overlooking the bay if you just need a quick dip on a hot day.
The hotel staff arranged to have a rental car brought to the hotel for us on our last day at Pagua, so we could explore the island en route to our next destination. It was the quickest and most painless car rental experience ever!
The hotel is so close to Melville Hall airport that the location is super convenient as your first stop on the way into Dominica or your last stop before you leave.
We couldn't have asked for anything more from our stay at Pagua Bay, and we can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pagua Bay House, Dominica's tranquil & chic boutique hotel, is a stylish, ocean view retreat overlooking the serene cove of Pagua Bay. The ideal place for the holiday of your dreams, for those in search of unforgettable moments. The four Cabanas and two Suites are wonderfully inviting with ocean views and upscale amenities, including Wi-Fi. Choose between A/C or enjoy being caressed by the natural, cool sea breeze. The rooms are large, furnished with king-size feather beds. The Ocean Suite with outdoor terrace includes a private plunge pool. Indulge your senses, where nature meets luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Hotel Marigot
- Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas Dominica/Marigot