“Simply Amazing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portsmouth, Dominica
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I have can only say a few things...SIMPLY AMAZING!!! My wife and I stayed here for a 2 day get away. I am a student at Ross University school of Medicine located here on the island of Dominca. I have been to all the eco-tourism places the island has to offer, which in my opinion are over prices European trapes. We stayed for 2 nights, and were treated with 5 star survice. I stayed at the Burg. in Dubai and still did not get this type of friendly service. Waking up to a beautiful sunrise in the bay, only to have the owners drive us to the restaurant, serve us fresh juice, and cook me a BLT sandwich, was AMAZING. They offered us all the beach toys free (i.e. surf boards, umbrella's ) for free. The rooms were nothing I ever expected in Dominica. The owner built the place him self!!!! I spend the 1st night taking a 3 hour shower in their hand made, modern-tin shower. It was so cool I servered myself some wine from the mini bar, and sat under neath the shower. I could not believe the detail they put into the cabins. At night my wife and I enjoyed steaks and mixed drinks. In the end I would recommend this place to anyone would ventures to Dominica's beautiful world. It is well priced, the service unbeatable, and you will feel like a million dollars ( or Euros) after you leave. I highly recommend these guys!!!!

Brian & Maite Daily-Bou Acuna

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Commonwealth of Dominica
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Pagua Bay House offers everything you would want out of a getaway. They were extremely accommodating to our needs. The facilities had everything to offer (water sports, flat screen TV, mini bar, luxurious bed and bath) The lunch menu is fabulous and the dinner even better, and they will even bring your dinner and meals to your room. The owners make sure you have an excellent vacation.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My husband and I really enjoy traveling to the Caribbean and have traveled often to many different locations and this was by far our favorite experience! We stayed for 7 nights at the Pagua Bay Cabanas, which was amazing! The cabanas are right on the very secluded Pagua Bay, which we never saw one other person on the beach. You feel like a local when you stay here it is very private and romantic with plenty of adventure.
The rooms are fantastic (and I am very picky)! They are beautifully modern, with fresh cut Caribbean flowers throughout. The beds are perfection, king size with high quality linen, and every morning you wake to the views and breeze from the bay. Our front porch also had two adironks that was a great place to hang and read with some outstanding scenery!
The grounds had the most beautiful well kept gardens I have ever seen! They even had a green house that was fun to visit and see where their other property, the Pagua Bay Grill, gets its veggies. The beach was right at our finger tips and was untouched. The Cabanas had complimentary kayaks, surf boards and boogie boards which was so much fun to have a new adventure every morning.
There is so much to do in Dominica we did not even scratch the surface, which is why we need to get back. It is considered “Natures Island” and when you are there you know why… there are water falls, rivers, hot springs, banana farms and crazy scenery everywhere you go. We explored most the island from the city of Roseau to the Caribbean side with the amazing water. My husband also did some diving, which he really enjoyed.
Everyone is very friendly in Dominica and we always felt very safe. The resort is immaculately run and the owners are very knowledgeable about the island. They also have a restaurant, up the street from the cabanas and the food is killer! You have to try the fish tacos and a margarita or some rum punch and play a game of dominos with some of the locals. Also, make sure you try the local Carib beer and the hot sauce called Bello.
In short, you have to go and we can not wait to return!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed 19 June 2010

This was our first trip to Dominica, we were a little unsure of what to expect. This was the most amazing place, I can't even begin to describe. Our accommodations were perfect, the views were spectacular. Imagine waking up, literally sitting up in bed, and looking out your cabana window to see an incredible sunrise over the ocean. The cabanas are clean, comfortable, and have everything you need (coffee maker, glasses, huge shower,juices,sodas), safe, and have incredible views. The owners of Pagua Bay cabanas are friendly, inviting, and went out of their way to ensure we were able to enjoy everything about Dominica. We did so much, hiking, swimming in rivers and waterfalls, tubing, scuba diving, enjoying great food, and of course rum punch. We found picture perfect beaches that looked like a postcard. Pagua Bay Bar and Grill was just up the road so we enjoyed fresh, homemade salads, pizzas, mahimahi, and amazing cheesecake. Our favorite way to end every evening was to sit on the patio with a great bottle of wine and just enjoy the view and company. I would suggest staying at least 6-7 days to truly enjoy and be able to appreciate everything about Dominica. We will definitely be back and can't wait to book our reservation at Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
Secret Bay
#3 of 3 in Calibishie
Beau Rive
Beau Rive
#1 of 2 in Castle Bruce

Been to Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas? Share your experiences!