“Fabulous ...”

Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marigot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We booked into pagua bay for the first two nights of our trip to dominica purely on the basis of the trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed! The cabanas are really something special - total luxury inside - with views of the sea and the sounds of the waves. The food in the pagua bay bar and grill is delicious, so delicious that we made time to stop off again at the end of the vacation on our way back to the airport! The bar has some of the best views we saw on the island, over the bay and beyond. Rick and Alisha were great - they are super friendly and helped us hire a car (you will definitely need to hire a car) and gave us brilliant advice for visiting the best places. Will be recommending pagua bay to anyone visiting dominica!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 December 2010

One of the most restful and invigorating holidays we have experienced. Our hosts were gracious and accommodating. The room itself was appointed above my expectations and the property is gorgeous. I could go on and on but I'll leave that to the next reviewer.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlh111
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We spent 4 nights at Pagua Bay House, and it was fabulous. Dominica is an amazing island, and our stay at PBH made our time there even more special. I really can’t say enough good things about PBH.

The room – Simple and elegant with a very complementary decor. We slept wonderfully on the king size beds with high quality linens and feather top mattress pad. Easily as good as we sleep at home. The sound of the ocean and nice breeze didn’t hurt. The washroom is large with a very generous shower. The room is decked out with everything you need – fridge, desk, chair, flat screen, fans, and AC (we didn’t need it). The patio is a good place to share a drink and watch the sun set.

The location – Beautiful. The cabanas are situated on a hill sloping down towards the ocean. There is no neighbouring development, so you do feel surrounded by nature. There is a beach at the bottom of the hill, but the tide was a little aggressive while we were there so we only went in a little past waist deep. There is another beach around the bend (5 minute drive) with easy access and great waves for boogie boarding (which PBH provide free of charge!). There wasn’t much else close by, so if you seek dinner out, you’ll be driving.

The hosts – This is really what sets PBH above the rest. Alicia and Rick are truly in their element. We favor boutique style accommodations like Pagua, but the service doesn’t always match the accommodation. Pagua Bay fits into a category all its own. Alicia and Rick complement each other so well. Rick with his awesome ‘morning chat’ day trip guidance, humour, and delectable cooking (thanks for the weight gain BTW!). Alicia with her excellent pre-trip communication, attentiveness, and grace. So genuine and sincere.

The food – as mentioned, I’m sure I put on a pound or two. PBH really puts out good food with good value. The menu mainly offers international options with a few local selections. Everything came out quick, hot and delicious. Rick and Alicia also managed to feed our craving of lobster, even though it wasn’t on the menu. Mmmm. Great tasting menu Rick!

We have determined that this trip “ruined us” for the Caribbean. I just don’t know if we’ll ever be able to top what this island, and PBH has to offer. Thanks Pagua for making this a very special holiday!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cash_traveler
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I spent my last night of a 3 days short break in Dominica, just 5 minutes from the Airport, just what you need after climbing waterfalls and swim in lakes. Shocked by the beauty of this bay, just chilling and read a book, have a beer and R E L A X. When I saw the Cabanas I was a bit concerned and in a way worried of what I could find inside, then once Rick open the door, I stepped into 21st century... Simple deco, beautifully arrange bed, large shower, full mini-bar (very handy) and all you need to prepare yourself for the next day journey. Dinner up at the Bar & Grill, great calamari, excellent beef, everything is a pleasant surprise. I ended up chatting with Alisha & Rick until the sky was a big "star blanket" just to finish the night in the garden steering at it.... the next day I did not want to leave Dominica.... this is a "must" stop if you come in this FANTASTIC ISLAND.
Sorry no pictures, my battery was dead. Will go back soon and take some ;-) What an excuse uh?

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2010

After 3 years working inthe caribbean, what a pleasure to find a place like this. Rick and Alisha have created something special and if you want great food, fabulous accomodation and to see a part of the real caribbean then this is the place to visit. The cabana's are equipped to the highest standards, the sounds of the country at night and the gentle murmur of the waves on the little beach below are the only way to be lulled to sleep. The hospitality of hosts and staff combined with the friendly mixed atmosphere of the bar and restaurant make for a really relaxing time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I really can't say enough about Rick and Alisha and Pagua Bay House! This resort is the very essence of innovative and modern accommodation and i cannot wait to get back. My fiance and I are both medical students on Dominica and have seen our fair share of what the caribbean has to offer, and as far as quite, comfortable surprises, none can touch PBH. If you are planning a trip to Dominica there is no better choice for personalized service, uncontested luxury and unmatched value in the Lesser Antilles. I even went surfing for my first time ever on the break right outside my bedroom window. I got up my first time. How can you beat that? My fiance and i will be back very soon for a honey moon getaway!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I have can only say a few things...SIMPLY AMAZING!!! My wife and I stayed here for a 2 day get away. I am a student at Ross University school of Medicine located here on the island of Dominca. I have been to all the eco-tourism places the island has to offer, which in my opinion are over prices European trapes. We stayed for 2 nights, and were treated with 5 star survice. I stayed at the Burg. in Dubai and still did not get this type of friendly service. Waking up to a beautiful sunrise in the bay, only to have the owners drive us to the restaurant, serve us fresh juice, and cook me a BLT sandwich, was AMAZING. They offered us all the beach toys free (i.e. surf boards, umbrella's ) for free. The rooms were nothing I ever expected in Dominica. The owner built the place him self!!!! I spend the 1st night taking a 3 hour shower in their hand made, modern-tin shower. It was so cool I servered myself some wine from the mini bar, and sat under neath the shower. I could not believe the detail they put into the cabins. At night my wife and I enjoyed steaks and mixed drinks. In the end I would recommend this place to anyone would ventures to Dominica's beautiful world. It is well priced, the service unbeatable, and you will feel like a million dollars ( or Euros) after you leave. I highly recommend these guys!!!!

Brian & Maite Daily-Bou Acuna

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
Secret Bay
Calibishie Lodges
Calibishie Lodges
#3 of 3 in Calibishie
Castle Comfort Dive Lodge

Been to Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas? Share your experiences!