“Pure Dominica with a personal touch”

Serenity Lodges Dominica
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Pure Dominica with a personal touch”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and had a very good time. It started already a few days before when we were asked for our dinner and breakfast wishes. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast and dinner where excellent ! We got very good directions to discover this part of the island and found our way to dragon's mouth and secret pool. The only bad thing is we had to leave after two days already.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacques S
Serenity L, Owner at Serenity Lodges Dominica, responded to this review, 27 October 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

That is what differentiate Serenity Lodges Dominica, from all other accommodation on the island, the "Pure Dominica with a Personal Touch".

We hope to have you here with us sometime in the future.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
NYC
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Serenity Lodges is located in a quiet and lovely mountain setting surrounded by lush vegetation, some 20 minutes from the airport. Owners Lester and Carina were very helpful during our three night stay, and the meals Carina cooked were delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Healthythinker
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your great review regarding our services and meals!

At Serenity Lodges we try using lots of local seasonings, organic vegetables, and fruits from our surroundings which is also organic. The taste is great and is very healthy as well.

Once more we want to thank you for your wonderful comments.

Hope to see you sometime in the future.

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights here while rented a car for touring the island on our own. Carina and Lester were excellent hosts. Carina made great breakfasts & dinners for us, and Lester was our guide for the Boiling Lake hike. Location is near airport, which is convenient. However, it is one hour drive to Roseau and the southwest part of the island. Overall, we were very happy with the accommodation and the meals served there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tbwong
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments!

We are happy that you enjoyed the tour provided. We also enjoyed having both of you here with us. Just to let you know, the road to Roseau has been improve greatly from the last visit. It now takes 40 minutes to Roseau. For locals is much less of course, as they know the road very well.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments. Hope to see you sometime in the future.

Kind regards,

South Thomaston, Maine
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Serenity Lodges for a week and took advantage of the Real Dominica package. Our experience with Carina and Lester, and our guide, Kim, met and exceeded every expectation we had when we booked. This gem in the mountains is the perfect combination of tranquil privacy with great service and wonderful food. We started every day with a filling Dominican breakfast which always included an interesting bread or pancakes (that were like delicious little crepes), local fruit, plenty of protein, a salad and a full pot of coffee. Our guide arrived shortly afterwards to take us on one of many fascinating excursions around the island. Kim knew all the local spots to stop for lunch or a rum punch, and we loved his fun interactions with friends and relatives along the way. The Real Dominica experience really allowed us to get to know the island and its people up close. Kim took us to several tucked away places that we never would have been able to experience on our own. After a long day of hiking, swimming, riding the winding roads and laughing with and learning from Kim, it always felt so good to head up the steep drive to Serenity Lodges for a shower and the anticipation of one of Carina's wonderful dinners. The only stress we felt each night was over who would get the hammock on the veranda as we waited for dinner! Because Lester picked us up and dropped us off at the airport and transportation for our tours was provided, we never needed to rent a car. This vacation was one of the cheapest and most satisfying I have ever had. If you want to visit Dominica up close, eat excellently prepared meals and stay in clean and comfortable serene lodgings, without spending hours planning and researching your excursions, book the Real Dominica package with Lester and Carina - you won't be sorry!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SoToMe
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending 7 days with us, it was definitely a pleasure to have you and your daughter with us taking advantage of such a wonderful package as the Real Dominica Package, which is design to help guest to not only know the waterfalls and the rivers and hikes of Dominica, but also the actual people of Dominica, the kind hearted people, the culture and much more. So we are happy that the package was a success, and that you did enjoyed it.

Thank you once more for your kind comments.

We hope to see you sometime in the future.

Regards,

Powys
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Everything about Dominica exceeded my expectations, especially Serenity Lodges. Carina and Lester are wonderful hosts who do their utmost to make guests feel welcome. Nothing is too much trouble, and Carina's thoughtful extras (herb teas and garlicky soup when I was suffering from a horrible cold) were especially appreciated.

The rooms are simple but spacious, nicely furnished and spotlessly clean; very private, each having its own verandah complete with hammock, and overlooking the beautiful garden and amazing valley. My bed was extremely comfortable. Because of the mountain location, the temperature was pleasantly warm, the supplied fan unnecessary while I was there.

Carina is an excellent cook who uses mainly organic food grown in the valley by Lester's mother, and of course, the wonderful fresh fish caught around the island's coast. Fruit and cooked breakfast varied each day (I especially loved the little fried wholemeal bread patties dunked in cocoa tea, but I forget their name). Dinner was always a treat, with local caribbean vegetables served imaginatively alongside tasty fish or meat.

Serenity is very handy for the airport (travel in Dominica takes a lot longer than anyone might expect, due to mountain roads and bridges), and after staying a day longer than planned, I booked here again for my final night on the island, I'd enjoyed my first visit so much. It was like coming home when I returned after several days in Roseau. As the main north/south road to Roseau runs along the valley below, it is easy to catch a bus in either direction from the bottom of Serenity drive, which although steep, I managed, complete with luggage despite arthritic knees and hip. Taxis and hire cars are readily available for anyone who prefers the easy way around the island. Dominca is wonderfully wild and unspoilt, and Serenity Lodges are high on the side of a beautiful valley -- I suppose some people might find it remote without a hire vehicle, but as a solo traveler of advancing years, I loved the location. This is not for people who seek pampered luxury, but for anyone who wants to experience the real Dominica in beautiful, comfortable surroundings on a budget, it is unbeatable.

My thanks to Carina and Lester for a wonderful few days amid the beauty of Serenity Lodges.

Room Tip: The Calypso room is tucked away, the most private of all, facing over the valley.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I always called Serenity Lodges 'Serendipity', perhaps because good things just seemed to happen!
Carina and Lester are charming and welcoming hosts, making you feel a very special guest but remaining unobtrusively professional.My room was spotless and pleasantly furnished with a stunning view of the forest. Meals were tasty and even when required unexpectedly, Lester cooked up a mean soup! Situated in the forest away from the main road there was perfect peace and plenty of opportunity to watch the humming birds.
The only disadvantage for me as a solo traveller, was being off the main road and not having any transport. Had I done a bit more research I could have hired a vehicle.hitched or used local taxis more. Once in Marigot there were more buses - much more fun than driving around alone!
This was my first trip to Dominica and I was bowled over by the wonderful countryside, the amazing plants and the interesting people I met. None of whom however could beat Carina and Lester!
Hopefully, I will get the chance to return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have stayed in many lodges in the world but there is nothing that can be compared to this serene, peaceful and comfortable lodge. The food was top notch (I am a very critical chef). The room was spotless (I have OCD)! The charges for our room were very economical (I am as cheap as they come, so I mean this!!) The hosts are two of the most beautiful people that you will ever meet and were gracious from the moment we arrived to the time we left! We will return!! We read one negative post on this site and it needs to be removed as it is just not true, this lodge is deserving of a 100% rating!

Room Tip: Lester and Carina know the best place for a lobster dinner on the island!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank mrstravellinglady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marigot
Pagua Bay House Oceanfront Cabanas
The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar
Hibiscus Valley Inn
Hibiscus Valley Inn
#1 of 3 in Marigot

Been to Serenity Lodges Dominica? Share your experiences!